I do not like to put my oatmeal in a plastic container, I like the woodsy taste to it from the cardboard container....it's the only item I have noticed that tends to taste of plastic...so it's the "ugly" thing still on the shelf...and of course, the Nesquick that I hardly ever buy...it's almost gone or it would not be on the shelf...
Bags from the grocery store..what doesn't fit in the container get's tossed, no extra's allowed..I will never use that many paper bags at one time anyway...I also have 2 burlap bags from Bentley's Market(standing in between the paper bags and drawers)...I love them...they are heavy duty, stand up alone, and are comfy to carry...I am continually carrying food somewhere.
I know you must ask why do you need labels on clear containers when you can see what's in them?Well, of course I have an answer for being able to use that handy, dandy, labeler...I know what everything is, however, for the others in my house that don't it makes life better...
A small drawer for each type of plasticware...plastic forks, knives, and spoons...again, easy access, keeps my real forks, knives and spoons from ending up in the lunches, then in the trash...yes, it happens.they disappear like sock in the dryer..I now have only 3 small spoons in my house, out of a set of 12...Thx Brooklin!!!
"Where are my chips for my lunch????" We don't even buy many chips other than bagel chips and pita chips...but we seem to for the kids lunch. AAAhhh!!! My clean and organized pantry. It feels so good. Some of you may be laughing, others jealous cause you're not as freaky as me, some of you think it's just too much to keep up with, some think we have not enough food and some think too much. Well, all I know is that it works for our family and I have found that you have to do what works no matter what other's think.
So have at it!!! Clean out your pantry before the holiday's...maybe that would count for the contest of the 12 day's of Christmas??? I'm sure there will be a lot of Christmas traditions starting now...
Til next Time with T!!!!

11 comments:
Oh my Lord! I can't believe you made such a long post about organizing your pantry. Leave it to you! It really does look great. I loved it when you used to come over and get all inspired to organize mine! If Rick was there, you know he'd be going in there and mixing up all your cans! Hmmm some of those cereal containers look like one that i have left!!! And 7, yes 7 cans of clams???? Fun post T.
Is it a long post??? Oh well, I guess I just got into it...You counted my clams? That wasn't the point...I can see you, probably looking at each item in there, like we used to do when we drove by people's houses and see the decor in their house when the lights are on... Hugo loves clam chowder, and clam dip..
And yes, everytime I go to organize my cans I think of Unle Rick. He makes me crazy!!!
I love coming to your house to clean your pantry.
Ok T, I wasn't trying to offend you or make you feel bad about your long post about pantry organization. I was just saying, leave it to you to do such a thing, because I know your passion for pantry organization!
I love your long posts!
You didn't offend me...we don't allow that around here. I just feel bad sometimes, cause I think my posts are the longest out of everyones' and I don't want people bored...
lv ya!!
We never get bored of long posts!!! Don't feel bad! I love reading about everyone else's quirkiness, makes me feel at home!
Ok T. You're a girl after my own heart! Yay! You go, girl! Pantry Organizers Unite! Freaky Crazy & Neurotic about things in their place ... doesn't have to be clean and spotless, just in their own place. Things MUST MUST MUST be labeled! How will the OTHER people in the house know where things go? When we go to lunch, I need to talk to you about a pegboard for your pantry, too....
I love it!! I wish I had a big pantry so when you come you can do that to mine! HaHa!! Maybe when I get my house...Deal?...I'll fly you here (if ur not here already. hint hint) just to organize my house. I love to be organized, I just don't do it. And I love your long posts too!! love ya!~
Thanks Larena..I love to read long posts too.
Teresa...that makes me so happy..I want to come to your house again and review your pantry. There must be smthg I'm missing. I remember you are a freak like me...I think I do remember seeing your pantry or smthg...mabe you gave me the bug??? Peg board...I will buy one today..I;m sure there's a perfect reason for it that I will defintely understand. I have a cute bulletin board I was going to put up.??maybe not now...oh I can't wait to hear...
Ang...I don't know what the hint,hint was but if I am there visiting I will of course do your pantry and cabinets...get Mike's CCard...it's not cheap, especially all at once..but definitely worth it...lv ya!!
Wow! I love that you are so crazily organized.
I also love the long posts, some people have more to say than others, you make up for my lack of words. I think half of my posts don't even say a word.
Love this post, Kristi! And, I love your pantry! Wish we had so many organization tools- guess I'll aquire them with time!
Love,
Brandy
Post a Comment