Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Scrap Tiffany Tuesday Tutorial

Tiffany's calendar for today has my name down for today's Tuesday Tutorial.

I decided to show you how to make the crepe paper flowers that I included on my layout from the "Crepe Paper" challenge about a month ago on ScrapTiffany.
If you didn't get a chance to look at all the different
ways to create with crepe paper on the you need to go check it out.
Trust me, you will never throw away those left over streamer rolls again.

Here we go...
It's so easy. You will be surprised.
You only need 3 supplies:
Sewing machine
Thread
Crepe Paper


That sounds easy enough right? Well, let's get started...











Can you think of a million possibilities with these? They kind of remind me of cupcake liners, but that's another post for another day. ;))

Ok, so have you been to the party store recently.
I LOVE the party store and I love to plan parties.
There are soooo many different colors and prints of crepe paper streamers.
You can layer these flowers to make them however you want them to be.
Don't forget, the more narrow you cut the strip AND the shorter you make the length, the smaller the flower will end up.

The center is a whole other design preference opportunity.
Brads, stones, metal, buttons, whatever else you can think of.
Even a tiny little crepe paper flower in a contrasting color would be great!!

Well, go on and get out your old party supplies and make some flowers with it.
If you make some, email me some pictures.
I love to see the different perspectives people have on creating the same items.

Thanks for stopping by..go get another cup of coffee so you
can finish your blog hopping for today. You know you want to.

Til next Time with T!!!

4 comments:

jen said...

I love how you made the flowers...if only I owned a sewing machine...lol
I would love to make some. TFS
hugs,jen
jennyscards.blogspot.com

Sheri Twing said...

So cute! I'm going to have to try that....AFTER the wedding of course!

Kristi said...

Jen, you could make these flowers with a needle and thread..you don't have to have a machine..It's just a little faster with a machine.
Thanks for stopping by.

Michelle said...

These are so cute! I have to try that and love the patterned crepe papers too!