It's been a little bit since I have posted but I wanted to pop in and post this quote I found on Jessica Sprague today...it really spoke to me and thought I would share.
Quote, from C.S. Lewis:
“Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of - throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.”
— C.S. Lewis (Mere Christianity)
Sometimes we don't understand all the why's and what's in our life journey, this is just a reminder that we don't always see the forest for the trees in our life. Sometimes it even "feels" like the wild fires that burn those trees.
God is a BIG God and he does. Our job is to trust Him and we will be so happy with the results.
Just wanted to share a thought to chew on for the day or I should say, not just for today but for every day!!!
Have a great weekend!!!
ps...it's really hard to believe there are no pictures on this post. I do believe that is a first!!!
Til next Time with T!!

No comments:
Post a Comment