Well, here we go...we heading into another year of hunting for Hugo. He sooo loves this time of year. I love it for him. He has such a good time being out there in the woods. This year he decided to try out Archery...yes, that's a bow and arrow.
His dad recently sent him a very nice one from Wisconsin. It's really a cool thing...they say you have to get real close to your target, more so than a rifle. I happen to think the real reason he wants to participate in archery is because the season starts way earlier and goes a lot longer than rifle season. So he can spend more time out there. LOL! Well, that's ok...he works hard and that's really the only thing he really enjoys doing and it's only once a year.
He spends a lot of time on the phone with his dad. His dad hunts mostly by bow/arrow. So he shares a lot of stories with Hugo. Him and Kameron are enjoying this time together...they target shoot a lot in the backyard, sharpen the tip of the spears, and go and check on the hidden camera. What??? Did someone say camera??? If there is a camera, then their must be photos.
Allow me to explain....He has placed a motion detected camera up in a tree in the woods...it has a memory card and takes photos of anything that moves enough to set the camera off. Then he can see what is coming his way on a regular basis. So him and Kameron head up there and switch out the memory cards, replace the full one for an empty one. Then he brings the empty one home to see what the camera caught.
Maybe I shouldn't being telling all his secrets....well, there are a lot of other secrets I'll keep to myself. I had to share all that, so you would understand the cool pics I have posted.
Momma and baby...where's papa?
"Does anyone have bug spray???"
Rick...this is for you..Hugo asked me to make sure you got this one. Do you recognize your long lost friend? Here kitty, kitty!!!
"Can a guy just have some privacy please??!!!!!!"
"I wasn't smiling...could you take it again?"
"What's in the tree?" Note the date/time on this photo...almost 6 am...on the 8th.
Now notice the time on this one...same place, same day...just about 12 hours later.
So I think out of all the photos...this is the one he's looking to put in our freezer.
Come on gills...let your man go hunting...just tell him you're coming to T's for a hunting party!!! We have them every year!! There a blast!!! BYOB!!!!
Til next Time!! T!!

7 comments:
Ah I'm going to miss our hunting parties! Scrapin' and snackin' all night long. Those pictures are really cool. A little odd feeling though to see Kameron standing in the same place as Smokey and Kitty! He looks so big...his legs have grown longer which means he's probably a lot taller. This is a cool post, T. I'll show Rick. He hasn't seen it yet. Love you!
Rick said tell Hugo, "Tag it!" He's looking at these pictures salivating all over himself. He's getting the itch real bad. Great pictures. I had to enlarge them all so he could see the animals up close as he's analyzing them. He said he wish he could be hunting with you, Hugo! Even though I know you don't like to go with anyone! Haha
Those are cool pics. I'm going to have to show Eron! Just one more thing to add to his hunting list!
Hey Jocelyn,
glad you commented...yes, my husband was very happy with his photography...I hope I didn't tell his secret. Ooopps!! I guess I should have asked.
Anyway, now the tables will be turned...Eron will be the one asking for a camera. LOL!!!
Miss you girl!!!
Holy crap I would not want to be anywhere close to where that camer a is. Thats a big kitty cat and a gynormous bear. (Think thats how you spell it.) Any ways yikes!!!
Awesome post! It's amazing to see how many creatures follow that same path! I'm rootin for Hugo to get that huge bear! Now that would be a trophy! Mike wants to go hunting so bad! And I'm gonna miss our yearly scrapbook nights while the guys are away!
I know Ang...I definitely will miss our times together. Now that you're not working you could stay longer. LOL!!
Post a Comment