Thursday, August 7, 2008

Day Trip to SF!

My awesome family that I am sooo blessed to be a part of!!!
Love you guys!!!
On Monday, my five took a day trip to San Francisco. We had an appointment there in the morning and decided to turn it into a fun day with the kids. We had a blast!! So much fun!!!

Our first place we went was the Bay Bridge. Well, we kind of didn't have a choice to go there, it just comes with the decision to go to SF. Anyway, I got some cool pics!!!
The tunnel before the bridge...we rolled the windows down, opened the sunroof and the kids yelled, "ECHO,ECHO,ECHO!!!"

The Bay Bridge...the kids thought it was the Golden Gate at first. Some cool skyscrapers we passed by...Kameron said it would be a cool picture.
On our way to Lombard St. we, of course, saw a Trolley car. I love those things. They always remind me of the Rice-a-Roni commercial when I was a kid. "The San Francisco Treat".
The kids didn't even know what the heck I was talking about. I felt a twinge of age. Shut up Rick!

We actually started the day with Lombard St., which is the most crooked road, I think in the world. I will need to check my facts on that one. The kids hung out the sunroof and thought the road was crazy!!! I can't imagine living on that street. Amazing!!! That part of California has such beautiful flowers. They can grow just about anything.
From the top of Lombard St..... From the bottom of the crooked road...well, almost the bottom... The beautiful flowers that would wilt and die in Fresno.... Kameron hanging out the sunroof to see the crooked road!!! After Lombard St. we went to Pier 39/Fisherman's Wharf. We were getting hungry so we couldn't eat in SF without getting a clam chowder bowl. There's nothing like eating a hot bowl of chowder dressed with a warm sweatshirt on, with the cold wind blowing your hair, and birds flying everywhere trying to get a crumb.


Well, we couldn't figure out why all the birds were flying up to us....then we realized Kameron was feeding the birds our order of Popcorn Shrimp when we weren't looking. He was amazed that those birds could eat the whole piece of shrimp in one bite. In Hugo's words," Hey, what are you doin?". We then gave him crackers to feed them. Then we realized Kameron was having a conversation with a homeless man about the birds. Yes, we do watch our children. Sometimes there's just a lot of them to watch.

Kameron taking a small bite of the popcorn shrimp before secretly feeding it to the birds. As we were walking to get our chowder, Brooklin saw a seagull. So she starts talking to him in a high pitch tone. She says, "Come here little birdie, come with us to eat some soup." She is so funny.
While at the Wharf, we walked on the Pier, looked at the boats, walked thru-out the stores, went to the aquarium, the kids rode the carousel, and Shine learned a little about Alcatraz. Just a few pics to show what we did.
A pic of Alcatraz...Shine kept asking about this prison and wanted to hear more. She was very interested in the history of it. Kameron loved the Pirate ship in the pic.

Me and my gills!!!!(that's what Brooklin calls girls)
I have the best family in the world!!

My most favorite man in the world!!!


The best kids that I could ever ask for!!!! Made just for me...I am very blessed!!! Seeing this face and those eyes smile is all that matters!!!! Brooklin called these the teacups from Disneyland!!!



Brooklin always makes me stop to smell the flowers no matter where we are or how many pots there are...we stopped 4 times as we walked down the pier for a couple hours...

No wonder God gave her to me. While we were at the Aquarium, I looked at the kids and saw Kameron holding Brooklin up so she could see the fish. I love it!!! If you look you can see her feet are off the ground... It's Dory!!! We had to stay at this tank for a bit...Brooklin must talk to the fish!!! They had all the Nemo fish...she has names for each of them and she uses them. Brooklin and Hugo touching the Leopard Shark...Mr. Shark was getting agitated at the kids, Brooklin was touching him everywhere and not where the guide told us to. He popped his head out of the water. The guide made everyone stop touching for a little bit til he chilled out.Brooklin shopping at the Aquarium store....she walked around the display picking up each one of the sea animals calling them by name...I want a seahorse, I want an octopus, Hello Mr. Ray...she just kept adding them to her arms...talking to them the entire time....in her own little world.
Kameron was excited because he found a resturant that belongs to us!!

Close to the end of our time at Pier 39, me and Shine decided we needed a crepe for desert. She ordered a chocolate and strawberry one and I ordered a Nutella and banana one. Yummo!!!!

This was mine...Nutella and bananas.

This was Shine's pick...Chocolate and Strawberries...this was the best one!!!!Ready to eat!!!!

We also had to take a photo for Unle Rick of Kameron at the Bubba Gump Shrimp factory!!!! Here it is!!! While we were walking, there was a lady talking to someone she was with and we overheard her say...."Yea, Bubba Gump." Kameron turned his head so fast. He thought she was talking to him or about him. Then he realized she wasn't and he laughed out loud. It was so funny. OMG! Thanks Unle Rick!!! My son thinks his name is Bubba Gump.

Finally, we ended our day going over the Golden Gate Bridge. It was foggy so you can't see the top of it. It was beautiful though just the way it was. We opened the sunroof and looked up. It is much higher than it looks from afar. The kids loved it.



Once we got back to the car it took the kids about 5 min. to fall asleep. It was a quiet ride home with me and Hugo. Well, that was until we saw a Texas Roadhouse in Tracy. We had to stop. The kids had mentioned being hungry before they fell asleep but it was 9:00 pm and we still had 2 hrs to drive home. Oh well, you only live once.

So we stopped. Mom and Sis have raved about this place. They were right...the food was wonderful. The kids loved that you could throw the peanut shells on the ground. Don't get any bright ideas for home guys.


We had a great time spending the day with the kids, especially so close to school starting. It was a long day but well worth the quality time we had with them. That's the end of our fun day we had....this is what the car looked like on the way home...... Shine tricked me...she acted like she was asleep til I took the picture, then she posed. I didn't know until I looked at the shot I took. She learned what she knows from you, Ash....
Hugo was laughing because I kept taking pics in the car and the flash was blinding him.


I know this is a long post but it had to be done. I will shorten it for next post. There was a lot to cover. Well, sis you said to post a lot of pics...so there you are.

So instead of Tidbits of T! You all got Tons of Tidbits of T!!! Rick if your smart, you better leave that one alone.

Til next Time...
T!!!

4 comments:

Michael and Angela said...

Oh my gosh Kristi!! I absolutley LOVE this post!!! Thank you soooo much for sharing your day! I miss you guys sooooo much! Yes, even Hugo! You really captured your kids so well! I love all the pictures! I just can't say enough about this post! You gills, Brooklin smelling the flower, Kameron with his missing teeth, Hugo laughing, your whole family! I love them all! Texas Roadhouse is my FAVE! And your Crepes!! Oh my gosh! YUMMO is right! Love you T and miss you SO much!

Kristi said...

Wow, Ang...you were up early. We miss you guys soooo much too.
Glad you enjoyed it. I am trying to make sure I enjoy my family each day. There has been a lot going on the last six months and all that matters is God and Family. I wish we could all spend this time together. Now you guys are all off we would have so much fun.
Lv you guys...say hi to Mike and kiss Alca buns for me.

Rick and Sheri said...

T! I love this post! You did such a great job of sharing your day with us. This post could never be too long for us to enjoy. Great pictures. I love seeing the kids. They are getting so big. Rick loved his "Bubba Gump" pictures. And I love all of them. Love and miss you all....
kiss those beautiful kids for me.

Ashley said...

I love your post ti. It made me feel like I was with you, a part of your special outing. I miss all of your kiddies!!! Good pose sami. I am so happy you have a blog now. We can keep in touch all the time. Keep looking at my blog cause I'm gonna post more pictures of all the things I have bought, ok ok Travis bought. He paid but I went to the store and picked it up. But I want your opinion. It matters to me ti.