Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine ideas.

Everyone ready for Valentines day? If not, here are a couple ideas for your kids Valentines at school. I love making their Valentines with them every year.
I look forward to it.

What do you get when you take all this....


And mix it with one of these(one of my cutie patooties)...


You end up with this...


A little scoop of love for Love Day.
With a note that says,
"I Dig You!"


Those were for Brooklin's class. When I look at them, they seem to fit her personality.
Super easy too. A little sand shovel, I picked up at an online party store for super cheap, clear cellophane bags, ribbon, cute tags, and of course candy.
I think the rest is self explanatory.
Brooklin loved sharing them with her class.
She was very proud of our hard work.

On to child # 2 Valentines.
Again, what do you get when you take all this....



A couple of these....
(we did Coco's hair to match big brothers, he's proud)


Then do this...


make these...
And Viola!!! You get this...

Then you wrap it in a cellophane bag with a cute tag and you're done!

These were for Kameron's class. All his classmates got an iLove iPod.
Kameron says these are his favorite Valentines we have ever made.
Here's how to make them...
Wrap a box of candy hearts in red cardstock, tape the white headphone string to 2 mini Reese's cups, wrap with foil, print a playlist and scroll wheel, make a cute "U Rock!" tag, put in cellophane with a ribbon and you're done.
Super cute!
Kameron did most of the work on his.
He did the earphones including foil, and taping to the box, and cut out all the scroll wheels and tags with a circle cutter and helped tie the tags on the bags.
It's good for the kids to help with these things. He realized how much work it is to make them and I think he appreciated them even more as he passed them out to his class(more on that in my next post).

So I hope the Valentine's I made with my children this year, help you to get yours done for your children.
Sometimes the hardest part is coming up with what you want to make.
I will be working on my 3rd child's this weekend. She will be sharing with her friends on Monday, the actual Valentine's Day.
I will post those later after we get them done.

Most of all, enjoy the time with your children.
It's so rewarding to see their smiling proud faces when they share with their friends.

Hope you have a great weekend.
Now go get all those Valentine's done.

Til next Time with T!!

2 comments:

Sheri Twing said...

Those are just the cutest Valentines! How creative is that iPod Valentine??? And the kids, well, it always makes me happy to see pics of them on your blog! Give them kisses from me!

Jolanda said...

how very very nice!!!
I love the hair!!!So cute!