Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Scrap Tiffany Gray & Yellow Color Challenge

The challenge this week at Scrap Tiffany is a color combo,
Gray and Yellow. Two of my favorites.
Gray is the new black right? Yellow is so the opposite of that.

I love color challenges. They really help to get us out of our box.
Color is my favorite. It really can set the mood of a room, party or even in our clothing it can be an expression of how we are feeling that day.
Maybe we should do a color challenge in our clothing.
Mix a couple new colors in your closet that you have never mixed before or maybe didn't think of.
You never know what you would come up with.
Well, back to the Tiffany challenge.
I chose to use a picture of my girls.
I love this picture. It was taken at my middle daughter's
Christmas program just last month.
It seems so funny that these three are sisters at such a wide range of ages, but ya know, they really do love each other a lot.
I can't wait to see what their relationships grow into over the years.
Ok, I'll shut up...here's my layout.



A couple closeups.

Supplies used:
Patterned paper: Yellow-Basic Gray-New Wheat;
Yellow Dot-Crate Paper-"Fireflies";
Scallop Stripe-7Gypsies
Transparency: Hambly-Doily Decor
Date Circle/Camera Circle: Pink Paislee
Gaffer Tape: 7 Gypsies
Brad: Karen Foster Designs
Glitter Letters: Michaels
Metal Strip: Making Memories
Misc: Jumbo paper clip, Gray t-shirt fabric, yellow Ric Rac,
Dymo Labeler, Dictionary paper



There you have it folks. I really enjoyed this layout not just because of the colors, but it was quite fun to think I didn't have anything gray or yellow.

All I pulled out gray was 1 pc of gray cardstock that I ended up not even using. I pulled out my bolt of gray tshirt fabric, I previously purchased at Walmart for $5.00 clearance and away I went on the machine, making my ruffles and flower.
Then I found 1 gray transparency hidden between some papers.
As I searched, I found a lot of the gray and yellow that I didn't know I had.

So don't always assume you need to go out and buy something to create the pages you want or need to create.
Most of the time us scrappers/crafters/sewers, don't even realize what we have in our stash. Although it is quite fun to go buy more, you don't always have to.

So see what you can create using this color combo. If it's a scrap page or card, send it to Tiffany. Don't tell her I told you but she loves to see what you create out there.
If you take the challenge of finding this color combo in your closet and make a "new" outfit, send me a picture. I would love to see.

Til next Time with T!!

8 comments:

Jolanda said...

amazing job and that metal strip is so very cool!!!
Love your L/O!!!
Have a nice day!

Katie said...

What a fabulous layout! I just love all the fun layering.

JaiDee said...

love the use of the fabric for the flower & border!

GabyCreates.com said...

You did an amazing job. Love all the embellishments and the paper clip and the touch of aqua! ..why didn't I think of that (adding a bit of color) Gaby

OhioDanielle said...

I LOVE your layout...the flower...ribbon...clustering of embellishments...just awesome!

sophie said...

how creative of you to have done so many embellishments!! you rocked that challenge!

Renee said...

Kristi, I love all that you did to make you page really come together. The pic. is adorable! I love, too, all the goodies that you placed on you page. So creative and so special!!

JustYolie said...

I love your layout. You are so right, about searching your stash before buying more stuff. I have tons of fabric scraps and always seem to forget to grab a strip to make flowers, or a ruffled border like you did on your layout. Thank you for the inspiration.