Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Remember those Furbies???

Ok...so some of you may remember when the kids meal came out that included a toy called the "McFurby". They came out in March of 1999.
Here's a peek....
At that time my mom would stop by McDonalds on her way home from work or for lunch and order a kids meal because she was watching her portions and this was a way to assist in the "portion control"diet. Well anyway, along with the portion controlled meal came the "McFurby" toy. She just so happen to think these little things were cute and would place them on her desk at work(quite a few, I might add).

Well, after she left that job of course the McFurbies left with her. So there they went...home with mom. Then mom moved to Fresno, then Oklahoma and of course, out of all the things she got rid of for the moves, the McFurbies were not included in the yard sale pile.
So the story continues..(I am going somewhere with this, I promise), mom then moved back to Fresno and stayed with my sister. Well, last year when sis moved to Nashville, mom came to stay with us. We are very happy to have her in our home especially since the rest of my family is all in Nashville.

Once this move got going, upon getting rid of some household items and going thru the storage unit, once again the "McFurby" container shows up, all of us can't believe she still had them....those things have moved all over the country with mom and just continue to keep showing up. This time was different though...mom did get rid of those ugly, fuzzy, bug-eyed, colored, big eared, plastic, toys that a child should be scared to look at....the only problem was....she gave them to Brooklin. I always knew her and mom had a "thing" going on...now I know....they both love those stupid"Furbies"...OMG!!! Brooklin was soooo happy, she loved them at first site, may I add...mom didn't give me a chance to even say no or to have a say in the adoption. So now they move to their new home..."Ours"!!!
Brooklin loves them so much she even talks to them. Yes, mom must have been saving them all 9 years for this special occasion....they did go to the right home.
Now these scary characters sit in Brooklin's room in the same plastic container they have lived in for years.

So I am proud of mom for letting them go finally, however, I have a feeling I will still have them 9 years from now as well, all 25 of them...they will quite possibly go off to college with Brooklin some day, the way she feels about them.
So, all that because I went in her room one day and this is what I saw....

"All my Furbies in a row"....

"They're so cute, do you like them Mommy?"


"Come here, little green Furbie"...

I just about fell over when I walked in her room. She was having such a great time with them all lined up. She was having a conversation with them. This child always has enjoyed just playing by herself...however, I think she is not really alone. At least, not according to her.....
Til next Time with T!!!!!

9 comments:

Josh & Bethany said...

OMG! HOW CUTE IS THIS!? I ABSOLUTELY ADORE BROOKLIN! YOU KNOW WHATS FUNNY I HAVE A FEW OF THESE FURBIES MYSELF IN MY ROOM SOMEWHERE...CREEPY LITTLE THINGS... LOL BUT I WAS SURE ENTERTAINED. HA! I LOVE THE POST! AND I OF COURSE LOVE YOUR KIDDOS!

Rick and Sheri said...

OMG! I think this is one of my favorite posts! I love these pictures of Brooklin and her friends. Leave her alone and let her have her Furbie-time! I love how she has them lined up in a wave design. She is so stinkin' adorable. She is the best little girl. She is so low maintenance and just plays all by herself. Don't mistake that for passiveness though, she'll kick your tail in a heartbeat! I LOVE HER!

Terry and Lori said...

Kristi, that is so cute.. Brooklin is so precious.. I remember we used to get them for the kids.. Jess even had one that talked.. Its so funny, she got scared one day, so she put it out in the garage.. I didn't know she had put it there on purpose, so I got it out of the garage and put it back in her room.. She just about had a cow, she thought it came back on its own.. lol We laugh about it to this day..

Kristi said...

Of course, I let her have them...I don't think any mom could have taken them from their child that loved them so much...I love her personality....
Lori...that's hilarious...I would have been scared too.
They are pretty ugly...

Kristi said...

OMG Bethany...Don't throw them in the yard sale pile...pass them on if you get rid of them...Brooklin will love you forever...of course, she will anyway, Wiss Bethany..LOL!!

Jocelyn Lykins said...

Wyatt used to line up the green bean cans in a row, but this is way cuter! Brooklin is so funny, I love seeing the things she does.

Michael and Angela said...

I LOVE Furbies! I use to have one when I was 19! It talked and learned new things. LOL. I wasn't as cute as Brooklin is with hers though. I can't believe how she just lined them up like that! I love that little girl's personality! I can hear her, "Come here little green furbie" These can be like a family heirloom! haha. Love this post!

Kristi said...

Yes Ang...so hurry and have a new one so we can pass them on...quick..go get your husband...hurry.

Michael and Angela said...

Oh, no, I meant Brooklin can give them to her kids. LOL.