Well, I have been out of touch with blog land lately. I have been working on getting my life back on a normal schedule. My little Coco Puff has slept through the night since day 1, but the new schedule is not in place yet as I am still trying to get the feedings, nap times, diaper/clothing changings and any other baby/kid stuff that comes up through out our days. It has thrown me off a bit the past few weeks. It's sounds anal but I must have a schedule in this house to keep things running smoothly especially if I want to have any "Me" time. Urgh!!! I do love all this home ec type of stuff though. I love my fam, and making sure they have all their needs met. Ok, I must be sounding sappy now. So on to my wonderful Mother's Day I had.
This is how my special day started....
This is how my special day started....
Yes breakfast in bed served by my Kameron. He had told his dad while they were at the grocery store the day prior, "Dad, we need to make mom breakfast in bed tomorrow, so we need this and this and this"....
My favorite part of course was the heart shaped hash. I'll tell you these two men in my life know how to get to my heart, beautiful food on a plate.
Guess what? I ate every bite while I was visiting with my guests on my bed. Kameron, Brooklin and Coco Puff(Addi).
Brooklin kept asking for a bite of this and that and a drink of my OJ.
So what would Mom's day be without sharing your food with your children.
They even thought of Mema's breakfast...how sweet was that?
We all love that Mema is still staying with us after Addi's arrival.
The day was then enjoyed with doing exactly what I wanted. I enjoyed my kids and had quite the lazy day.
Then for dinner, Hugo grilled.
We had BBQ chicken, baked potatoes, corn, and french bread.
I even got to do a little baking. If you haven't tried cake mix cookies. You really should. They were amazing and I think thru-out the rest of the day I kept coming back to them for another. They were a huge hit in my house.
Did I tell you I love this man? He is one amazing husband and father.
He's just perfect!! I am so very thankful for my blessings.
This is my Brooklin. She is my Tomboy. This is the book she made for me.
It's called "My Marvelous Mom".
I love it. She drew black spiky hair, blue eyes, pink lips and a green nose(not sure how I got a green nose, I hope it doesn't mean what it does).
Then she drew black heart everywhere because that is what I answered as my favorite color.
Me and my favorite girls.
They're all different and special to me in their own ways.
Life gets no better than this.
It's called "My Marvelous Mom".
I love it. She drew black spiky hair, blue eyes, pink lips and a green nose(not sure how I got a green nose, I hope it doesn't mean what it does).
Then she drew black heart everywhere because that is what I answered as my favorite color.
They're all different and special to me in their own ways.
Life gets no better than this.
This is my prize from Kameron. He made the wrapping and card as well as the prize inside.
I love these presents best of anything that could be purchased.
The card he made.
This is the beautiful hand painted tile he made for me. It says "You are my Sunshine" and Happy Mothers Day!
Mema and her gift from all of us kids. Twings, Anderson's and Egle's.
It's a desk chair for her desk. It was shipped to Nashville, that's the reason for the picture.
A little difficult to fit in her suitcase.
We had an amazing day together.
Let me say to my mom...
We are all so thankful to you for staying with us longer than originally planned.
You have stayed to assist our entire family with all the duties of our family and home.
You have done an amazing job of keeping up with all the going's on of the now 6 of us.
We have enjoyed you being in our home again and we all appreciate all your hard work(even your son-in-law).
Some days were more difficult than others and much more hectic than you expected.
Even though I am back up on my feet and able to get back into the groove, you have still helped to allow me to spend some bonding time with our little Addi. I would not have had so much time getting to know her and take care of her if you were not here to help.
I cannot ever repay you for all you have done.
You even re-decorated the kids rooms while you have been here(will show pics on a later post).
On behalf of my entire Egle bunch of 6,
We want to say thank you and We love you!!
You have gone beyond the call of duty as a Mom and Mema!
Well, I think that covers our special day. Sorry for the long post, but it's been awhile. Hopefully, it wont take so long for the next one.
Hope you all had an amazing day like I did!!
Thanks for checking in..
Til next Time with T!!

1 comment:
Aww your post made me cry! I miss your family so much. Coco Puff is getting so big and alert. And I miss the other kids so much. They are so much fun to be with. Looks like you had a wonderful day. Wish we could have been together. Ok, so send Mom home now???
Post a Comment