Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Fun!!

We decided we would go to the lake on Memorial Day. Hugo, Kameron, and Brooklin wanted to go fishing, me and Shine just wanted to sit and relax in the sun. So here are some pics of our day.

Hugo in the drivers seat headed to one of his most favorite places in the world...the mountains...


We made it to the water..after a short hike from the car down the water...carrying all our belongings..everyone had to carry something...no 2 trips here.
Notice the back of Kameron's jeans..he decided, well, the mountain decided for him, that he would just slide down. Who needs to use their feet?

There they are prepping their hooks...sissy wasn't a bit grossed out from the worms for the fish hook or lizards that crawled out from under the rocks...I had to put the pink shirt on her so no one thought she was a boy. Love that girl!!!
Me and Shine on the other hand...freaked out. We were enjoying the sun and relaxing. Mr. Lizard was very close to my foot, he was trying to decide which way to go as he and I both stood still..
He must have heard my thoughts of, "Come over here and I'll stomp ya!!" cause he ran like lighting.


Love this man!! Very much!!!

Gotta love those baby bottle pops from the gas station. Shine's vote was for the beach this day, but we couldn't trick her that this was the beach.

The boys favorite place to be.

Sissy waiting for dad to cast her line.

Shine and Kameron working on their skipping rocks techniques.

Where'd the kids go..Dad's got 3 lines in alone?

See Shine..walking on the rocks.

See Shine falling on the rocks...

Shine and Me...(ok, I know I look a little raspy...but that's how it goes when you have 5 min to get ready and who's looking anyway)(btw, fyi..I do have clothes on, my straps are under my arms)

The correct position.

Thought this would be a fun photo...looks as though he is really smoking that, huh? Can't wait to hear the not-heard comments on this one flying round out there...haha!! No it's not touching his lips.

By this time, we moved locations b/c Hugo's line kept getting caught on the rocks and breaking. There was quite a bit of traffic in the water as well...so we decided to just go to an area where the kids could play in the sand and water.
You can't be present in sand without building a sandcastle..and...

The older sister getting the younger brother drenched...

It's ok, he got her back...he went in after her and she slipped on a rock and went under later...haha!! that's better than what he could have done.
We enjoyed watching the water bucket fights.

Look at the big, sneaking, brut in the background...not sure which one she planning for but I do see her horns coming out of that angel skull.

Sissy is planting her "shovel garden"...she plants one of these everytime she has sand and a shovel.

She loved the water, then went to lay down in the sand to cover her entire body...face included..several times.


And here she is..all covered...not sure what she has on more..water or sand??
Allow me to mention, we have no towels, no extra clothes for anyone and of course their are no swimsuits..so everything you see is what we have. hhhmmm!!
Who's car should we be getting into?
My vote is Unle Ricks!!! Those in favor please say "I"

My Fred Flinstones!!! The band-aid is from the shoes I wore to Bethany's wedding.

Poor Kameron...he chose to allow his two sisters to bury him in the sand in his boxer shorts...someone school him, please!!!

The look on his face goes something like this,
"Why did I think this was a good idea?"

All the swim suits my kids have and they are at the lake in the underwear...remember, always an adventure when you're with us.

This is right up sissy's alley..bury my big brother? I'm there!!!

The finished product...I was hoping the big dogs that just arrived a little before this would not come over and pee on his head.
However, I would have laughed my butt off..

On the way home, we stopped at a BBQ place that had fish and chips...we all shared a little snack til we got home to dinner...
(hamburgers, mac salad, corn on the cob and chips...the norm on this holiday)
However, all that play, sun and full tummy's...here's the final picture of the day. Hey, how'd we do that so fast?

I know there are a lot of pictures on this post but I wanted to be sure to share our day with everyone, especially our fam in Nashville.
So there you go sis...you asked for all the pics there you are.

Hope you all had a great Memorial Day!! Lots of food and fun!!

Til next Time with T!!!

4 comments:

Rick and Sheri said...

Aww they are so cute. I miss them so much. They are fun no matter what they do. I love how Sissy Gump is such a tomboy and she wants to do all the boy stuff Kameron does. And Kameron is so cute how he torments Samantha by getting her dirty....love those kids. Thanks for sharing them! Oh, by the way, you look real cute too! And she can get in Unle Rick's truck anytime!

Ferguson Fam said...

TEE-eee... it looks soooo fun! What lake is that? I'm really glad you all got some family time away, even if it was one day. The kids look so into the day! I won't comment on snaussage toes.... hrmmm. Love you!

Jocelyn Lykins said...

I love that last picture! It's my favorite. The rest are great too, so much fun!

Teresa said...

I love your posts. They're long, lots of pictures and make me smile. Lauren HATES her toes. When I saw your toes, I hollered at her to come and look at yours! Seriously, after seeing your toes, now she wants me to take her for a pedicure...