While Shine was away on her trip to New York, we decided to finish decorating her room. We started the decorating last Christmas, but got very distracted and had not completed it yet.
So what a perfect time to do it and surprise her while she's away.
So I took some "BEFORE" photos...
(They're a little dark but you get the idea)
As you can see, this was started with one mirror hanging and the bed...that's where it stopped.
So after a trip to IKEA earlier this week (I will post those pics later), we had a few purchases to make to complete the room.
This is the "NEW" look....
This is close to the same picture above, but the table is not in this one...we are adding some circle mirrors next to the window along with the curtains.
This is the bistro table she wanted last year...I also wanted something different to put her keyboard on. Well, of course, IKEA saves the day. I love, love, love that store.
This is the wall holding the magnetic boards..notice the pictures she has selected to be displayed...her family. We had purchased this item last year when she got her bed. So she loves displaying pictures of her family and friends, also including her "To Do" lists. haha!! Who does "she" belong to???
She made the little sign with her name on it, in pottery class at school recently.
I don't think she knew it would be part of her decor.
This is the shot of one side of the room. It makes it easier to see what's where with this type of picture.
I took this close-up of the shelves during the day so the lighting wouldn't shine in the picture...Shine made the license plate again, in pottery class, mom found the star round metal piece above her keyboard, I bought the brown "S" while I was in Nashville, and the silver pot was something Mom was getting rid of when she moved.
That's it...I hope she likes it. She has no idea that we have done this for her. We still have a few things to get for it, curtains, which will add a ton of color, a couple round mirrors(someone tell me where to purchase them with no frame, I was supposed to look at IKEA, but after being in that store for 5-6 hours, I was done), we also need to get a stool for her keyboard, and definetly some black and whites for some picture frames. So No, Hugo we are NOT done yet. It takes a lot to fill a room.
It feels good to have at least one room in my house complete. Kameron's room is next. We have everything for it, we just need to put it together.
We'll keep you posted on that!!!
Shine comes home tomorrow night...I'll let you know what she thinks about her new haven.
I can't wait for her to come home...very excited to have her back!!!
Til next Time with T!!!

5 comments:
OMG T!!!!! Shine is going to LOVE it!! You did a great job! Major difference from when I last saw her room! How fun! Definitely let us know what her reaction was and you should get pictures of it too! :-)
Love it!!!
Wow! I want that room! It turned out so good. She's going to be shocked! I love all the decor and the colors! The shelf her keyboard is on is really cool and I love the magnetic board! I love all of it! Hey, be in her room with the video on when she comes in! I want to see her reaction. You did a great job T.
that is one awesome room! You did a great job, it looks like a remodel from HGTV! I can't wait to hear how she loves it. What a cool surprise.
I hope you get her reaction on camera! She is going to love it!
I think I need to go to IKEA soon.
Awesome room! I love the colors and I can just imagine it with the little round mirrors...it looks great!
Post a Comment