Saturday, April 4, 2009

New York/DC will never be the same!!!

Shine left yesterday morning )): at 0-dark:30.She left with 45 students from her 8th grade class for New York, Washington D.C., Philidelphia, and Virginia. They are taking a Smithsonian trip to many places that many people don't get to see in a lifetime, including her mom)):
I am so happy for her to experience this trip. She better take a lot of pics or she is in trouble...haha!! What would I do without them???
We miss her already...she will be gone for a total of 8 days, but it feels she has been gone for a month already.

Could anyone please offer some therapy for mom???
Here are a few photos from the airport...
Brooklin and Shine outside the airport...Brooklin said from the time she got up..."But I will miss my Shine".
Dad helping her get her luggage on the scale...

The survey says?......whew!! only 42.5 lbs...that leaves her 7.5 lbs for souviners...ha!! joking...she has an extra duffle inside for extras on the way home....I'm no dummy. Especially cause my present will be big...haha!!

Sissy doesn't want her to go...or really she said she wanted to go with her to New York...(we told her the plane will fly over TN, ooops, shouldn't have said that)...

Dad and Shine...

Me and Shine...yes, it was very early in the am...
so hello hair cover...

These kiddo's will sure miss her...

Who's feet are these...girls, did we plan this??

Oh sorry...I got your feet by accident..

Brooklin said "Shine are you really coming home?"...Shine said yes, sissy, I will. Brooklin of course, made her pinky promise, Egle style...

We've said the last goodbye..she must go now. With Brooklin yelling, "Bye Shine" to the top of her lungs...

Does she have to go?

There are the girls, well "the group"...
hopefully they are all still friends when the return.

Hey, where'd he come from? Of course, he shows up after we can't get past security. ha!!
Jk..he's part of the group but not her's...ha!

Some of the places she will be visiting are:
Capital, Old Post office Pavilion, History Museums, Washington Monument, Smithsonian Art/Space Museums, Kennedy Center, Mount Vernon, Union Station, Jefferson Memorial, Arlington National, Marine Memorial, Ford's Theatre, White House, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Holocaust Museum, Spy Museum, National Archives, WW II Memorial, Philidelphia: Constitution Museum, Ground Zero, Empire State Bldg., NY sightseeing, NBC studios, Broadway show, "Phantom of the Opera", Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, Grand Central Station, Chinatown, Madison Square Garden, and of course..shopping in NYC and everywhere else they can go.
I am so excited for her to see all those places. I really wanted to go but no parent chaperones.
We miss you bunches Shine. We know you will have a blast, and can't wait til you come back home.
All Brooklin has been saying is, "Nemo misses Shine"...I asked her if she missed her and she said "No, just Nemo."
Til next Time with T!!!

3 comments:

Sheri Twing said...

Aww what a fun post! Shine looks so beautiful. How fun for her. I'm so glad she is getting to participate in such a fun adventure! Can they just parachute her out over Tennessee on her way home?

Brooklin is so funny. She is so expressive with her "Nemo misses Shine". I love her. Kameron looks big too. I know they are missing Shine....she's such a great big sissy to them.

Great post...thanks for sharing all the pics!

Michael and Angela said...

She's gonna have a blast!! I'm so glad that she has this opportunity! It truly is once in a lifetime! Especially being able to see all those places??!! Wow!! I love the Egle style pinky promise! Great post T! I know you will miss her so much, but she's gonna have so much fun!

Ferguson Fam said...

pinkie promise with her favorite finger! What a wonderful opportunity for Shine. I'm jealous! I could spend a week in the National Art Gallery in DC alone! I hope she has a great time and can't wait to see the pics.