Thursday, March 19, 2009

Disneyland(Part 1)..The Drive

Ok so here we go. I have not posted any of our Disneyland trip photos. That's a tragedy!!! We had such a fun time, I must share. Trust me...some of the photos here will probably make you laugh out loud. There's always adventure with the entire Egle's nest present.
I was looking at some of these pictures earlier today and was loling myself. I can't wait to go again. I love to vacation with my family. We have a blast.

So this is our drive down the day before the competition....Here we go!! Hang on, cause there are a lot of pics to get thru, hence, "Part 1"...
These are the kids in the car....They are ready to go, Shine with her shades, Sissy with Henrietta the Hippo, and Kameron with his toothless grin....
We don't get to far out of town without our first stop...hmmm! Where would that be?...a must for the girls, a waste for the boys!!
However, I have trained my boy correctly, he loves it too, he just doesn't want to make the stop..he wants to just get there.

Eglette and Nemoette #1-Happy!!!


Egle #2...happy with the drink, not the camera...

Eglette #3-Happy NOW!!!!

Who's driving? Well, he doesn't like coffee but at that low speed, he's happy anyway...

Well, I am set...Mama Egle- Very happy!!! I've got everything under control...
Kids locked up in car seats-shoving their faces with drinks and snacks, I've got my GPS, shades, Grande/triple-shot nonfat/no-whip/White Mocha, Scrap mag, and of course, the latest read, "Twilight"...thanks Bethany for letting me borrow it...this will keep me busy for hours...especially with the hot sun shining on my skin...DIVINE!!!

Moving on...The Grapevine...It was great, not much traffic, sun was shining, and green hills in front. I love this!!! I think sometimes I could be a Gypsy...ha!
This video is funny...listen to where Brooklin says where we are...
strong>We arrive at the hotel we will be at for the next five days...

Well, we didn't stay there long...our hopper passes don't start til tomorrow but who can wait..we just have to get close.
We walked
to Downtown Disney to take a peek at World of Disney and get some dinner...I love this place!

Hugo and Kameron walking across the street.

Mom must stop and take a picture..

California Adventures...

Shine and Brooklin inside the Mickey circle on the ground.

Yay!! Mom and Dad.

I love this Snow Globe...Brooklin wanted to have this to add to her Snow Globe collection she has started...It may not look big in the picture but I had my arms fully extended to take the picture and my camera only reached the bottom. It was gorgeous...

We didn't purchase these hats but we did have to try them on...

Fun and crazy Kameron!!! Mom please don't make me do this...and please don't put this on the blog!!!

Snow Globe heaven for Brooklin and Nemo inside them...she was so happy to find these. She has been asking for a Nemo snow globe for a long time...I didn't think anyone would have made any. She must have been praying..

Boy does she have a BIG God or what? That thing is almost as big as her head...That is Marlin and Dory inside the globe, and a tiny little Nemo is swimming around the two of them...it is a music box too and the sea animals go around at the bottom...
She loves it!!!
Quick story: We saw the little snow globes above,looked at the price of $15 and thought ok..not bad. We would come purchase it later...then across the aisle we turn and see the big one. We look at the price and it's $25. Wow, $10 more and you get all that. Ok we'll come get it later before we go home on the last day.
So the last night comes and we go in to purchase the "big one". I have all our other souviners and stuff throw it all on the counter, make my purchase and hurry out of the store to go to dinner. The resturant is closing in 3 min and will close if I don't get there now.
So the following day after we are back home, I am going thru my receipts to record my final purchases and look closely at this particular receipt...that BIG NEMO SNOW GLOBE was $65. Not believing that I didn't look at my receipt sooner and that I could have missed that price difference, I asked Hugo how much it was and he said, $25. I then knew I wasn't off my rocker and just wanting to see $25. I would have never paid that for a snow globe. That's stupid stuff Aunt Sheri does...haha!! We are now 4 hours away and can do nothing about it. Brooklin has great prayers...

She loves this little suitcase too...so do I!!!

Finally, dinner!!! We went to Rainforest Cafe and waited about 45 min for a table...the kids loved it though.

Brooklin loves eating Octopus, she ate all of them on the appetizer plate, as well as the squid...
I really think she is a sea animal!!

She is not afraid or grossed out at all...look at his tenicles...bright pink, sticky, and stretchy...

Here is the eel, he came out and just sat there and talked to her one on one, just like the one in Nashville. Seriously, he was hidden in the rock and came out to talk to her and stayed there for awhile before he swam away. The one in Nashville is Green this one is leopard...I think it's his cousin...Brooklin said she knew he was going to come out to talk to her...hhmm!!

Well, that's the end of the drive down to Disneyland and dinner the first night we were in town. Ton's more to see.
Come back soon for Part 2, Day 2.
Til next Time with T!!!

6 comments:

Ferguson Fam said...

I love your family! There's nothing like a family vacation and I'm so glad you are sharing your pictures. I'm glad Brooklyn got her snow globe! I still wonder what she meant about China. Can't wait for part two! I am a bit concerned about the excessive speed . . . . but hey.. it's your ticket Hugo! ;o)

Rick and Sheri said...

Aww I love seeing pictures of my little Gump kids having fun. I'm so glad Brooklin got her favorite globe. Much better than the little one! Shine looks grown up and gorgeous as usual. And Kameron, well....he's Kameron. Love that kid! The video is great...the best part is "Babe, slow down!" Haha. Miss those Hugo and T moments! Can't wait for more of the Disney Adventure!

Jocelyn Lykins said...

What fun! I can't wait to see the rest, there's never a dull moment with you guys.

Loushoe said...

lol, I love it!! I wish I could have went with you.. Maybe you all can go in December with us *wink wink* lol..

Four Lil Monkeys said...

Great pics and I love, love, love the video! Brooklin is adorable...I had to go back and watch it again to catch you telling Hugo to slow down. How funny that your sis caught it the first time! I want to do a vacation with you one day - can you imagine your five and my five?? What a riot! :o)

Kristi said...

Jan: Yes, our fam vac is like no other. Or so I think. The China comment...I don't know where or why she says that but she said it last year on our way to this same trip. I don't know if it's the hills or what. Little B, she has her own thoughts. BTW, that speed is a good speed. You should see it with the trailer attached. Looks like a skateboard attached. Ask the Twings, they have followed.

Sis: I knew you would enjoy the fact that B got her expensive snow globe. Oh well, I wouldn't have bought it if I knew how much it really cost. too late now.

Joc: No NEVER a dull moment. EVER..night or day.

Lou: Dec. you never know. I miss it now.

Larena:Well, I guess I forgot about the part of me telling Hugo to slow down. At least I was nice and not at 10 decibals telling him that. ha!!
I can't imagine a vacation with 5 others like us. We would definitely have to rent the vacation spot out solely to us. Come on, Let's go!!

Thanks all for your comments..I will post again soon. You aint seen nothing yet. We haven't even made it inside Disney yet. haha!