Friday, March 6, 2009

1st Place National Champions!!

Yes, that's right!!! That's what I said!!! We made First Place at Nationals!!!!
Well, not me exactly!!! It would be a little hard to throw me around like they do those girls. haha!!
Disneyland was great (I will be posting tons of pics later), but the girls did an awesome job. We all are so proud of them, they gave it their all.
Of course, here's some pics...

This is the first picture taken after they found out they won...they are estatic...Shine is exactly above the "a" in USA.

This is Shine with one of their trophy's and they all got medallions...so olympic!!


Of course, Disney does a great job at stage decor...

Getting ready for the competition...


Oh my!! The make-up...way more than what's normally allowed.

She's ready to go...love this girl!!!


Shine and Jessica, best friends since 1st grade.


The whole team with the coaches right before entering...


This is the stunt group. They ended up with 3rd place. They did great...they got medallions and a trophy as well.


We must take a picture in the "O"...

All 16 teams waiting for the announcement of the top 4 finalists...
Shine is right below the right hand star after 2009...

Waiting to find out who made the top four finals...


Love this picture!!...Hugo took this one...this shows that everyone has a different perspective when taking photos. We were sitting right next to each other, with two different cameras.
I love this shot!!!

One of the stunts in their big group..they can throw those girls high...Shine is a back spot..and they all tend to look alike, but Shine has the longest, blondest pony.

Shine front and center...hence the long, blonde, flying, pony tail.

The video of the winning performance...


The small stunt group video...3rd place out of 12 schools..First time for their school to have a stunt group...the coach was happy with their performance...we found since we got home that their were coaches there from high school that were watching and told our coach, she wants this team for high school...is that scouting?
Shine we are so proud of you. We know the work you put into cheer to get you there. There was a lot of sacrifice getting you there. Staying up late for homework, chores put aside(no sacrifice there, but it was for mom), other functions you missed to go to practice. It was a lot of work.
We are very proud of you and think you are an awesome cheerleader, not just the "moves", but your attitude as a cheerleader. There is a lot of pressure on the team sometimes and we are proud that you have stayed true to who you are and your beliefs.
We love you!!!
WAY TO GO RIO!!!!
Til next Time with T!!!

8 comments:

Josh & Bethany said...

YAY!!!
Congratulations to my Shiny Hiney!! She did sooo AWESOME!!! we are so very proud of her!!! WE are bummed that we couldnt be there for her special day, but celebrating after was so much fun!!! We love you all very much!

Shine you are amazing girl!!!
LOVE YOU!
your Nanny :O) (Kinda) haha

Rick and Sheri said...

Way to go Shine! You seriously ROCK! Your nickname fits you perfectly because you really do "Shine" in all these pictures. I'm so proud of you girl. You are the best cheergirl ever! Congratulations, I know you've worked hard. You deserve it. And the chores, well, they can always wait, right? LOL! Love you Shine and miss you like crazy!

Jocelyn Lykins said...

Wow, I am so impressed Shine! I used to watch these kind of competitions when I was younger on tv.
No one knows you here, but I'm sure I will still brag to someone about you! Congratulations!!!

Michael and Angela said...

YAY FOR SHINE!!! We are SOOOOOOO proud of you!!! I think I'm a little sad though...You are growing up WAY too fast!! Your team rocks! And I agree w/ReRe, you are the best cheerleader! Congratulations Shine!! We love you!!!

Teresa said...

Great pictures of an incredible competition. So proud of these girls. Winning 1st Place is a fabulous way to tie up the Junior High year. Your face was just beaming when you talked about the girls' accomplishments ... you're an awesome cheerleader and I'm sure you were yelling out your own ear-deafening cheers for the girls from your seat! Btw, loved seeing your decorated car. Great way to cheer on the cheerleaders, Kristi!

Four Lil Monkeys said...

That was absolutely amazing to watch - Shine really does shine!!! How awesome to have such an amazing "little" girl (not so little anymore, huh?) who is passionate for the things of God. I can imagine that she is a wonderful example for all of the girls on the team. Congratulations Shine and family!!!

Ferguson Fam said...

Shine really lived up to her name! Way to Shine! Kristi thanks for taking such good pics and video. It's the next best thing to being there. Shine, I bet you are so proud of yourself and your team. How wonderful that you get to do something you're so good at, and appears to be fun too! You guys did an awesome job! Love you!

Loushoe said...

I was literally crying while watching the videos. I dont know what happened to me im such a softy now. I am so proud of you Shine! And I love you all so much!!