Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentine Madness!!!!

I wanted to share our Valentines Day events...yes, events. With a family of my size, a day like this there are a lot of going's-on. It was a full packed day. Trust me, this is a marathon post...
Here are a few photos of the madness, in prep for the "Big Day".....

Shine helping Brooklin decorate her Heart for school to hang on the wall in the lobby....


Is that ink in Brooklin's hand...scraping ink? Well, what can I say...we start em young!!!

The finished product....
Assembling 44 Valentines....That's just Brooklin's not Kameron or Shine's. 25 for school and 19 for a party.
The Goods....
How many do we have to make???
Mema's new Doo...Cute!! That's the mema we know!!!

We all help around here...thanks Mema!!
Everyone needs a kiss on Valentine's Day...I love my girls!!
The finished product...this is Brooklin's..The tag was created by Aunt ReRe to match the Owl treat bags...This is Shine's...look closely at the flower sucker tied to the ribbon...thx Mema!!! Again, the tag was created by Aunt ReRe to match the bag and Shine's personality...Thx Sis...

What the heck is this???? It is the family favorite...the UPS man...It's one of 4 boxes sent from Aunt ReRe...but what is it???
Take a closer look..Yes, count them!!..a dozen, that's, 12 candied, carmeled apples...Hugo's response: "Is she crazy?".

My response: "Yes, crazy for our children"...Don't let him fool ya, he ate one too.
Brooklin sitting at the party table at school, complete with her own handmade valentine carrier she made herself..

I love the school decor...remember these little paper chains, but we used to use the bottled white paste...yummy, I loved that smell. Yes, I had the same fettish when I was a kid...so it's not just the scrap bug...
All the Valentine's we made inside a cute matching red basket we borrowed from Mema. It just adds to the special touch...
Box #2 from Aunt ReRe...this one is just for Shine....Love the box decor....Sis, you are amazing...

A special colored letter to Shine...
The Goods...well, most of them...but not the biggest and best of them...
Well, here is the "BIG ONE"....Is this Valentine's Day or Christmas, or Bday...It all is so confusing!!!!

We love you, Betseyville!!!
Brooklin's box from the UPS man...well, Aunt ReRe...
And Kameron's....


Brooklin was invited to Ellie's Valentine Party after school...her and Ellie play so good together...They were both excited to visit...
This is the cookie decorating table...Boy Jess, you are brave...

The cookies were hand rolled out by "Baker Brandy"...they were yummy!!! Great Job Brandy!!!


Well, Brooklin is decorating her cookies with her favorite finger...
Then licking the same finger...well, I guess it still tastes the same, no matter what finger you use!!
Ellie..so cute!!!
Brooklin sorting her Valentine's in each goodie bag..
The cutest heart shaped P.B. n J sandwiches...

Little Izzy...so cute...looks like this girl is used to taking pictures..

This is actually on Valentine's Morning...this is to the kids from Mom and Dad...wow!! our stuff looks boring now...haha!!

Brooklin has these boots already, but they are 2 sizes too small and she refuses to get rid of them and wanted to still wear them..thank goodness I found some again, of course in a bigger size...and a Valentine Snow Globe for her collection...Yes, she has decided at the age of 4 to start a snow globe collection like Elf...Oh my!! This could be a bad thing...someone please don't tell Aunt ReRe!!! I will need a storage shed...
Kameron has wanted one of these for awhile...he played with it most of the day...

This is a drawing of while he was sitting next to me in bed while I was reading my latest novel...take a guess at what I am reading???? That's the hands with the apple on the cover of the book, just in case you are not familiar with it..

This is part of Shine's Valentine...she also got a new robe...
Last not least...since it's Valentine's Day..this is a not-so-good picture of me and Hugo out to dinner. (It may have been zoomed out a little more if my arm was longer). Anyway, we went to a very nice dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse...very much fun and much needed chatty conversation we had that night.

Well, thats a wrap...I think that's all of Valentine's Day...
I told you it was an event.
Sorry for the long post!!! Just lots going on...
Anywho!!! Hope you all had a great day of love!!!
Til next Time with T!!!!

8 comments:

Sheri Twing said...

Aww I just wanted to cry looking at all these pictures of the kids. They look so cute. I wish I could be with them on these fun days. (Shoot, I'll even take the not-so-fun days too!) Can you tell I miss them like crazy? I love these kids so much and I just want them to know how special they are! Thanks so much for sharing all the pictures. I love seeing everything they experienced throughout the day. Love you guys.

Sheri Twing said...

Oh, yeah, and you & Hugo and Mema's pictures were great too!
LOL

Ferguson Fam said...

Well I already told Ev her new coiff looks fabulous! I must say, you all did have action packed Valentine's day. I didn't see any pics of festivities for you and Hugo.. hmmm. You'll have to post again.. ;o)
Love you guys!

Jocelyn Lykins said...

This is one of the funnest posts I have ever read. You make everything so grand! I'm making notes for Valentines Day next year. And I want my own Aunt ReRe!

Four Lil Monkeys said...

I am so glad you did this post! We were noticing the little owl tags that matched the bag, how cool is Aunt ReRe for helping out with that! I love that you guys go all out for every occasion....thanks for sharing. And I have a blackmail pic of you with my daughter (when I can get it from Brandy). hahahaha, just kidding - I told my hubby and he just laughed. It was actually just like something he would do!

Michael and Angela said...

I LOVE your marathon posts T! It makes it seem like we are there w/you in just a snippit of your life..I love it! :-) I love all the Valentine's Day stuff, I feel cheap, all we did was a card with a sucker! Oh well, it was my first Valentine's day with an Elementary Schooler. Those caramel apples looks sooooo yummy! But, yes, I agree w/Hugo, is ReRe crazy? LOL. j/k. Shine's bag is so cute ReRe! I didn't get to see it, they explained it to me though, Very cute! And Me-Ma's hair...So Cute!!! I love it! She looks great! This whole post was amazing! Thanks for posting, and you and Hugo look great too by the way! Love you guys!

Teresa said...

Great post! I'm going to email Sheri about those apples, too. Have a fun birthday party weekend (I love birthday party pix). See you in a couple weeks!

Kristi said...

Thanks to all for the lovely comments...more specifically...
Sis:We miss you all too!!
Thank you for all the goodies for my kids on this special day.You are always so good about that stuff.Lv u!

Jan: Me and my hubby did have festivities for Vday..just didnt get many pics..No! not THAT!!! We had dinner together at Ruth's Chris..the pic of us is after dinner. I do have some pics of pretty food. yummo!!

Jocelyn: Yes, we tend to make everythg grand. Our mom taught us that. It's great, however,sometimes it could make you crazy, cause you just want to be normal.haha!! We don't know any other way. BTW..everyone should have an Aunt ReRe. She not only does a ton for me still this far away but she lights the fire under my butt to get thgs done with my schedule. Thx sis!

Lerana:What pic could you have to use as blackmail??Was it me feeding "sweet cheeks" Anastasia?Oh, I wanna pinch her right now.
the party was a blast. Glad we got to chat for a few.

Ang: Don't be feeling guilty, cause I didn't spend a ton on what I did. and besides that..all kam wanted was the fun dip that he writes his name on. It's that girl thg that we have talkd about.I will pray that God blesses you with a girly, girl. Or at least in my case, a "boyish gill" that plays with boy toys. Besides that, you need to call me and we can plan that stuff out.If we were near each other, I'd just pick you up and go to Target and then take you to my house and we'd make them all the same and we'd do a marathon Vday creativity party. I love those.

Last but not least, Teresa:
Excited bout seeing you in a couple weeks and chatting.You will definitely be seeing bday photos soon. Keep checking back!!

Thanks for all the comments! It's fun to hear what everyone thinks of our hectic life.
check back soon!