Thursday, October 16, 2008

Unexpected House Guest!!!!

Last week we had an unexpected visitor show up at our house...it was Monday afternoon, my house hadn't been cleaned yet, I hadn't been to the grocery store yet, I was super busy and on top of that, our house guest stayed for the entire week. Needless to say, I just couldn't turn away a visitor at my door well, at least not this one....

It was Gerald the Giraffe!!

No one turns away Gerald, even if it is for the entire week...

Allow me to explain...in Kameron's 1st grade class, each week a child is selected to bring home Gerald the Giraffe. Along with Gerald comes his decorated overnight bag, complete with his Giraffe Storybook, Gerald Journal, and of course, Gerald the Giraffe...
The student keeps the Giraffe all week and takes Gerald with them where ever they go. This could be soccer, dinner, friends houses, playing games...whatever the child does, Gerald does too.

I know, I know, that's the last thing I need is another something to tend to. Right mom???

The first thing Kameron did with Gerald was homework...don't worry Gerald, Kameron gets his homework done really fast...

After homework, mom gives me just a little bit of time on the Xbox....did I say very little?

Gerald also went to soccer practice with Kameron...(I think that picture is on Hugo's computer, you'll see it in the journal pages).
Actually, the boy that Kameron took a picture with at soccer remembered Gerald from last year. Small world for a little Giraffe.

Then there is bedtime...yes, Kameron is really asleep...
So everything you do, and everywhere you go, you take Gerald. You are to take pictures and then Journal for the week on the things Gerald got to experience at your house. You can add your pictures, stickers etc., and decorate it how you like. However, the most important part is the child is to write their journal entries sharing about Gerald's week.


Well, you don't have to say that to a scrapbooker twice....most of the kids took 1 page, maybe 2...but not my "son of a scrapper", no we took 4 pages. I know it appears that this was my project, however, Kameron did help.

These are Kameron's journal entries and scrapbook pages...(I love the beginning stages of writing).






We had a good visit with Gerald, now it is another student's turn to visit with Gerald. We enjoyed you Gerald!!!

Til next Time with T!!!

ps..it was important to Kameron that I post this on our blog...I think he needs his own...he probably could keep up with it better than I have been able to...

By the way...I miss all you bloggers out there...no one has made an entry in awhile. So here's to blogging...let's try to make an entry 1-2 x's per week...(yes, I will take my own advice).

6 comments:

Four Lil Monkeys said...

Great post, Kristi!!! I love stuff about the kids, so that is really neat. I know, we do need to work harder at keeping up with the blogging. I was really good at first, but I have been such a slacker lately! I always feel bad if I don't have a picture to share and I am so bad about leaving my camera at home. Anyway, I will work harder, I promise!! All of our fellow bloggers, let's get on it!!

Kristi said...

Lerana...I wasn't trying to make you or anyone feel bad..I was talking to myself as well. I just miss hearing about what is going on in everyone's lives.
I carry my camera in my purse and/or diaper bag(when I carried one). Just changing that one thing, has changed my picture taking completely. Try it out.
Talk to you soon...thanks for the comment.

Rick and Sheri said...

T, I love this post. Kameron looks so adorable in the sleeping picture. I just want to squeeze him! I can't believe he is writing!!! I guess I didn't even think about it but he would be learning that. It just makes him seem so big to see his handwriting in the journal. I love his pages. Let him know that his Aunt Sheri thinks his journal pages ROCK!!! They are obviously THE BEST in the whole journal. You did such a great job sharing Kameron's experience with Gerald. I loved reading it. Man, I miss those kids!!!

Four Lil Monkeys said...

Oh gosh, Kristi, you didn't make me feel bad! I was just thinking today that i needed to step it up!! I want to post more so that my family and friends can know what's going on with the kids. That's a good idea about carrying the camera in my purse/diaper bag. I just need to buy some extra batteries cause my rechargeables go dead so fast. I really enjoy hearing about everyone too. I check this thing every day, but I don't take the time to post my own stuff!!! I think all of you ladies are so awesome and I love to hear what's going on with you. I like it that you all are interested in my world, too.

Michael and Angela said...

I can't believe I didn't comment on this one! sorry T! lol. I love the pictures of Kameron sleeping too! It makes me want to just go and snuggle with him! :-) He did such a great job journaling! Love you guys!

Kristi said...

Sis, I know he is getting big really fast...more and more like Hugo everyday...not kidding...it's scary.

Lerana..carring your camera in your purse definitely requires a larger purse...now you know why mine has grown.
Tell your husband, for Christmas you want a new camera..with a larger zoom lense and rechargable battery(then you have to buy two, to carry the extra in your bag, so you're always prepared), and a larger memory card. I have a 2 Gig and it holds way more pics than I could take for a week at Disneyland...I took over 600 pics and numerous videos for 4 days there and still had room for about 400-500 more pics. so I am set to go on a long 2week vacation, I was thinking somewhere exotic...hmmmm!! ok i'm back!!! lost me there for a sec...haha!
so there you are..Christmas already thought of..

Thanks Ang...
lv ya.