Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cooking Class!!!

Mom, me and Shine decided to go to a cooking class. We are having so much fun. I have been a few times before and mom has been once before, however, this time Shine went and the 3 of us are a team, well, with one additional teammate.
We are having a ton of fun!!! The class we are taking is International Cooking, so we are cooking from different countries. In addition, each week we go on a field trip. We meet at a specialized store for the country we are focusing on that week. The store has specific ingredients for the country and/or recipies we are making. It's amazing to me, I didn't know these stores even existed, well at least not so far. We'll see...I love it so much because it is getting me out of my cooking box.
Our first week was Italian cooking. So we went to Sam's Deli. Everything you could imagine that's Italian. I didn't realize there are so many shapes of pasta, well at least not locally.
Here are some pictures of our field trip and class (mom had to work late so it was just me and Shine on this one, but mom comes to class after)....

I love Shine in this Apron...It's the flag of Italy. She wanted to buy an apron for each week based on the country we were focused on...ok so that didn't happen...but she does look cute in it...

If you know my mom you have seen this before...

This is the dish me and my kitchen partner made..."Lasanga Pie"...It was very good. Mostly veggies, no meat...This was before it cooked...

This was our dish...presentation complete...yummo!!

Mom and Shine teamed up to make "Cannoli"...They are dipping the ends in chocolate...mom's idea....I think mom could teach this class...

Shine filling the "Cannoli" with cream...she looks like a natural to me... This warms my heart to see my daughter working with my mom. I love it...definitely valued memories.
This is there finished product...they were good, however, mom and I decided that we would add more sugar to the cream...

Hey, we didn't get this body from the gym...haha!!

Well, that's our first class...Italian cooking!!! I love Italian food. Next week is Mediterrean. I'll share more pictures and possibly some tested recipies...keep checking back..

Til next Time with T!!!!

5 comments:

Jocelyn Lykins said...

I want to go!!!!!!
I love that you guys do so much stuff together. My mom and sister are not creative at all, can you adopt me and take me with you on your creative outings?

Rick and Sheri said...

Aww that looks so fun and I don't even really like to cook! T you are so funny in your blog posts! "We didn't get these bodies from the gym!" Too funny! Mom and Shine look so cute working together. I miss being there and doing fun stuff like this together....although...I don't really think I'd have done the cooking class...you know me! I'd have been just throwing the stuff in there and you and Mom would be kicking me out of the kitchen... just like our holidays! Haha. Looks like you guys are having a blast. I'll look forward to more like this. Miss being there with you all!

Michael and Angela said...

I'm not much of a cooker either, but I would love to be! I think a cooking class would be fun! Looks like you guys are learning lots! How fun!

Kristi said...

Jocelyn, I would love to adopt you into our fam. You would be a fun sis too. Just jump on in!!

Sis, yes you would probably be saying, "Now what do you do with this stupid stuff". I would say, "Uh Sis, it's food you cook it and eat it." haha!! We may kick you out of the kitchen for cooking however, you could sit at the table and visit, then you can clean, like always.
I miss our times together too. We always have fun and make some great memories and create plenty of reasons to laugh.

Ang, you can cook. It just takes a little time and effort. you are fully capable. The class is fun, just wish you were here to take it with us. Could you imagine all of us girls in a cooking class. That would be hilarious....

Four Lil Monkeys said...

Oh wow!! That looks like so much fun!!!! I would love to take a class like that. You look like you are having so much fun, I bet that was some good food! Can't wait to see where you go next...