This week is my turn at the Thrifty Thursday at Scrap Tiffany.
The project I selected to do is very quick and easy and most likely you have the items right in your kitchen.
Kitchen!! Some may scream at that word.
I promise this project does not involve a spoon, bowl or even heat.
The only food it involves is the food you might snack on while you work on your creation.
So let's get started.
This is what we are making....
The project I selected to do is very quick and easy and most likely you have the items right in your kitchen.
Kitchen!! Some may scream at that word.
I promise this project does not involve a spoon, bowl or even heat.
The only food it involves is the food you might snack on while you work on your creation.
So let's get started.
This is what we are making....
Doesn't it remind you of those coffee filter flowersyou used to make in school?
They also remind me of the tissue paper balls POMS.
They are neither. These are made with napkins.
Here are the supplies you will need:
3 ply napkins
twist ties
(from the bag of bread you had for toast this morning)
scissors
Gather those supplies and you can create some darn cute flowers.




Note: The center napkin could be a cocktail size napkin. I just used a large one and cut it down a little.







Wouldn't these flowers be great with printed napkins?
They could be clustered together, or put on a string to use as garland hanging on a wall, or on a table for decoration. You can even cut the edges with different types of decorative scissors.
There are lots of possibilities with these little napkin flowers.
Would love to see what you have done with these little flowers.
If you make some email a picture to me.
I would love to see what ideas you have with them.
Speaking of deals, look at what I found.
I found this lamp at Goodwill a few months back.
It was only $2.00. Yes, it works and everything.
It just needs a shade.
Well, that's the best part sometimes is finding a fun shade.
I've had it put away for the past few months. I wasn't even really searching for a shade. It just wasn't a priority at the time.
You can always find a spot for a cute black lamp.
They could be clustered together, or put on a string to use as garland hanging on a wall, or on a table for decoration. You can even cut the edges with different types of decorative scissors.
There are lots of possibilities with these little napkin flowers.
Would love to see what you have done with these little flowers.
If you make some email a picture to me.
I would love to see what ideas you have with them.
Speaking of deals, look at what I found.
I found this lamp at Goodwill a few months back.
It was only $2.00. Yes, it works and everything.
It just needs a shade.
Well, that's the best part sometimes is finding a fun shade.
I've had it put away for the past few months. I wasn't even really searching for a shade. It just wasn't a priority at the time.
You can always find a spot for a cute black lamp.

Well, our Walmart is remodeling and they are clearancing out stuff from every department. They reprice it for clearance and they move it all out to the garden section.
Every time we are there we must walk through the garden section. It's fun sometimes to just look anyway.
Well, that was my plan until I saw this...
Isn't she a beaut!!! Thanks Clark!!!(oh my, my mind knows when it almost time for the Christmas Vacation movie)
Well, it was on clearance for $4.00.
What??? Hmmm! As I'm holding it, and looking to see the size of how it attaches, I am thinking of the lamp from Goodwill.
So I buy it to try it on that cute black lamp.
Guess what??
Look at it now!!! Yes, it fits and I think it looks great!!It sits on the table just inside the entry way.
A very cute lamp all for $6.00.
Talk about thrifty. I think it is one of my favorites lamps in my house.
Told ya bargains are fun!!!
Well, I've got just one more.
This is the best one yet...
During our Walmart visit, I also found a cute clock on the clearance section. It is about 23 inches around. I've been wanting a clock for my crafty studio. Guess what the colors were perfect.

Guess how much this big clock was?
$1.00!!!! No I didn't type that wrong. One dollar!!
I was floored. nothing wrong with it.
Just someone wanted to get rid of it.
I was happy to take it off their hands especially at that price.
So it's new home is right above my magnetic board in
my craft/scrap/sew studio.
Well, that's it for me today.
Thanks for stopping in.
Have a great two days before the weekend.
Til next Time with T!!!

1 comment:
The tutorial is so cool. I've made the big ones but never seen the small ones with napkins! Definitely have to try those out.
Your bargain finds are amazing! Love how the lamp turned out. It's a perfect size for that table.
And the clock....well, I just think it needs to come home with me!
Post a Comment