Shine had her Winter Formal this weekend. This was her first High School formal. She is a freshman. Although I had a blast with her the entire day, into the next morning, I realized how big she has grown and how many short years left I have with her at home.
These next four years will go by even faster, so I have heard.
Do we really have to "let" them grow and go?
I'm sure if there was a way to make it all stop, there would have been at least one mom out there that would have made it happen by now.
Let me just say, I love this little girl so very much. She is sooo special to me.
We have been through a lot together, when no one else was there.
She means the world to me and I would do anything for her.
Her nickname says it all..."SHINE". She truely does!!
Ok, enough of the mushy stuff...urgh!!!
Here is our great day we we're so blessed to share.
We started with her nail appointment. A must for a girl getting all dressed up.
These next four years will go by even faster, so I have heard.
Do we really have to "let" them grow and go?
I'm sure if there was a way to make it all stop, there would have been at least one mom out there that would have made it happen by now.
Let me just say, I love this little girl so very much. She is sooo special to me.
We have been through a lot together, when no one else was there.
She means the world to me and I would do anything for her.
Her nickname says it all..."SHINE". She truely does!!
Ok, enough of the mushy stuff...urgh!!!
Here is our great day we we're so blessed to share.
We started with her nail appointment. A must for a girl getting all dressed up.
By that time, we were getting hungry. So we stopped at our favorite Chinese spot to swallow down a teriyaki bowl with rice/veggies.
The perfect lunch when you're in a hurry and need something good to eat. Not too heavy, but filling.
(Sorry, this pic is dark, I didn't take it)
Then we went to pick up her dress from alterations. The top needed a little extra seam to stay in place while she was dancing.
Then we headed to a friends house to borrow a clutch purse. Thanks B!!
I insisted she carry one complete with her phone, money, ID, ticket, and of course, the lip gloss.
Then we headed home for her to start getting ready.
She was not going with a boy this year, as her and her friends think they boys this year, are not ok...they are waiting for a more mature crowd.
Lets face it, boys or girls at 14 are both still trying to figure themselves out.
I am sooo good with that.
So her and her friends decided to go in a group.
This is a great group of girls..
Their heads are on straight and they come from great families.
We invited the girls and their families to come to our house prior to for pictures and the final touches of getting ready.
Here are the three girls...
Mikayla, Shine, Aleya
The 3 of us...
(I never thought I would be doing the Winter formal pictures for my oldest with a prego belly on).
So off we went to dinner...no I didn't go with them. I was told that was not ok. Although that wasn't by Shine, she said us mom's could go, but a close friend told me "Not ok!!"...thx friend, you were right.
So the girls decided to go to Macaroni Grill. Once they got checked in, they had a pretty good wait so we decided to get some individual shots we had forgotten at the house.
As it turned out, the dusk lighting was perfect for the next shots, especially with the tree behind lit up.
I was having so much fun!!!
Here's my Shine...I was so proud of her. She is beautiful!!
I can say that, I'm mom!!! I own bragging rights!! lol!!
This was a fun one too...the girls all ended up jumping off the bench together.
This was just the practice shot.
I went shopping while they ate and they called me when they got the bill, so I could go back and pick them up.
We then went straight to the dance, I dropped them off and headed home until the next call to be picked up at 11..
We got home, they changed and we went to my friend's house for the after party..(Thanks Bernadette, the girls had a blast), the girls went into the hot tub and chatted until 3:15. Then we came home and called it a night.
I was very tired but wouldn't have missed it for nothing. It's true she is growing up into a young lady. I will take all your advice you can pass along.
I know the biggest piece I have heard at this point is spend every second you can with her. Cause it goes superfast now.
Shine, I love you my dear!! You are the greatest teenage daughter I could have asked for. I am soooo very proud of you and have every bit of confidence that you will be a success in whatever you do.
I know you will Shine brighter than any other shining star out there.
I love you!!!
Til next Time with T!!!

5 comments:
What a fun night! And you're right, Shine is beautiful! Her Auntie Sheri is so proud of her. She's adorable and so sweet too. I can't wait to get her for Easter break! Woo hoo!
Wow! How awesome was THAT day??!! So cool that you devoted the day to help her get ready (nail appointment, lunch, dressing, etc). The end result was that she looked so beautiful!
Yes, I'm with you on Shine going with friends when they're underclassmen. But, it won't be too long before That Boy is at your door! (Oh, and I love that "jumping off the bench" shot!)
Thanks Sis...Easter?? hhmm? Aunties!!!
Teresa, it was a very fun day. With many thanks to my hubby for keeping the little ones in tact, well, watching them anyway..lol!
BTW..I don't want my doorbell to ring for "that" boy..can I break it so I don't hear it?
The bench shot was a lot of fun!!
So beautiful and sounds so fun!!!! Miss you
Hey Timber..it was a lot of fun!! I miss you too!! Let's get together soon.
Post a Comment