I had the most amazing surprise a few weeks ago one morning when I dropped my kids off at school.
My friend Julie, asked me what I was doing on a Saturday soon in the future.
I responded with, "I'll check but it sounds good, why, what's up?"
She said her and the girls wanted to have me over for a breakfast for baby.
I couldn't believe it...I responded with, "Are you kidding me?"
Allow me to explain...
Yes, our kids go to the same school, and yes, some of our kids went to Kinder together 2 years ago, and although I know them in the parking lot or in passing at school over the past couple years, we are all just barely getting to know each other this year...well, let's say me. As in, they all have kept in touch, but somehow, it seems that I have always been so busy.
Wondering where my time had gone. Why, don't I know this great group of women better?, why have I not "had" time...
Sometimes we can be so busy at what we think is important, but then you come to realize that what you were so busy doing really was nothing as important as the people you have around you everyday.
Anyway, these mom's that I had spoken to in passing throughout our children's short but quick, 2 years of school were putting their hands and hearts together to give me a breakfast for me and my baby.
It may sound common to most of you out there but seriously...
this was HUGE to me. It spoke soooo loudly to me.
I caught myself even thinking, why would they do this, for ME?!!
I was completely floored for the next few weeks until the wonderful day arrived, and then I was at a complete loss of words, and so thankful to God for this group of women he had "put" into my life.
Amazing!!!
So the Baby Breakfast came...
here are some shots of the beautiful decor, food, and friends...
So girly....love it!!.....
This was the center piece on the table...gorgeous!!!
I love the tissue flowers...
My friend Julie, asked me what I was doing on a Saturday soon in the future.
I responded with, "I'll check but it sounds good, why, what's up?"
She said her and the girls wanted to have me over for a breakfast for baby.
I couldn't believe it...I responded with, "Are you kidding me?"
Allow me to explain...
Yes, our kids go to the same school, and yes, some of our kids went to Kinder together 2 years ago, and although I know them in the parking lot or in passing at school over the past couple years, we are all just barely getting to know each other this year...well, let's say me. As in, they all have kept in touch, but somehow, it seems that I have always been so busy.
Wondering where my time had gone. Why, don't I know this great group of women better?, why have I not "had" time...
Sometimes we can be so busy at what we think is important, but then you come to realize that what you were so busy doing really was nothing as important as the people you have around you everyday.
Anyway, these mom's that I had spoken to in passing throughout our children's short but quick, 2 years of school were putting their hands and hearts together to give me a breakfast for me and my baby.
It may sound common to most of you out there but seriously...
this was HUGE to me. It spoke soooo loudly to me.
I caught myself even thinking, why would they do this, for ME?!!
I was completely floored for the next few weeks until the wonderful day arrived, and then I was at a complete loss of words, and so thankful to God for this group of women he had "put" into my life.
Amazing!!!
So the Baby Breakfast came...
here are some shots of the beautiful decor, food, and friends...
So girly....love it!!.....
This was the center piece on the table...gorgeous!!!
I love the tissue flowers...
Close-up of the center piece...it was the favors.
Beautiful jars filled with sugar & spice, covered in everything nice.
So impressive!!
Centerpiece in the next room...I love the diaper cake with the zebra ribbon with the tissue flowers on top. Thanks so much Trina.
I don't want to take it apart.
Fun presents...I love all that color.
I don't want to take it apart.
Fun presents...I love all that color.
This was a banner on the fireplace...it was the invitations.
How clever was that?
Clipped to the fireplace screen was a calendar with my due date highlighted.
I had never seen that before...so cute.
Hopefully, we deliver just a little sooner than that;)
There were so many different varieties of food, savory, sweet, healthy...all types had one thing in common...YUMMO!!!
These goodies on a sticke were for the chocolate fondue...
so fun and wonderful.
I loved this idea...everyone received a card that said
"My wish for...."
Then they fill in the blank. It could be a wish for mom or baby.
Then everyone read their own wish, which was very touching to hear those said than to have just read them. Bring on the kleenex!!
Very special!!!
"My wish for...."
Then they fill in the blank. It could be a wish for mom or baby.
Then everyone read their own wish, which was very touching to hear those said than to have just read them. Bring on the kleenex!!
Very special!!!
A close-up of the food on the plates...love all the variety and color.
Most of all, I loved filling my mouth with the food.
Me and Julie.
She is the one who started all this.
Her home, coordinating and her heart made all this happen.
You're awesome Julie!!!
Just kidding!! These boys are the reason that we all get to see each other everyday, and given us such great friends to hang out with while they're hanging out.
I can see these boys will all be friends for many years to come.
If the parents have become friends, they won't have a choice.
There are a few missing from the pic, these just happen to be a baseball practice and got back "just" in time to eat up the leftovers.
I know this may be a long post, but I have to say to this great group of ladies once again....
I absolutely thank you from the bottom of my heart for your thoughtfulness and generosity. I really cannot express enough how much this has meant to me and my family.
Such a surprise and a blessing to me, my baby and my heart.
Thank you again for everything!
I had a blast finally getting to hang with you all.
Cheers to many years to come!!
My sister has also posted a thank you to you all on her blog...
check it out!!!
Thanks again!!
Til next Time with T!!

8 comments:
Thank you Kristi for sharing this! I have read the whole thing and loved it. I enjoy hearing how God has put friends together.What a blessing to everyone, including your kids!
I'm giving a baby shower next weekend, so I appreciate a few more ideas you have shared here. Looked like a wonderful time with much love that went into it. . .so cool!
I wish you the very best with the arrival of your baby. Congratulations!
How wonderful Kristi! That just warmed my heart. Those girls look awfully creative...and scrappers in the bunch??
This was such an amazing thing for these girls to do! It was a beautiful shower, very girly and all! What a blessing to have such great friends! Now hurry up...you have to have that baby before I get there!
Thanks Sharon, glad to have you visit my blog. God has so blessed me with this awesome group of women. Hope you're doing well.
Tiffany, yes, these girls are a creative bunch. Fun to have them in my life. There is one scrapper in the bunch, I'm working on the rest. lol! Maybe you're next DT member will arise.
Sis, yes, it was a beautiful shower and I am blessed with this great group of women. Baby Coco can't come out yet, as I have some baby and non-baby stuff to still take care of. Her and I have an agreement on a time frame that will work for us both. However, it is prior to you all arriving, as I know that you are not really here to see me.
Kristi you are so sweet! I am glad you felt special and loved because you are.It was so fun getting together and making a fuss doing what we love eating, talking, laughing and even crying that was so funny get the tissue.I really hope you don't feel as if you missed anything you have been here all along-we have all been busy trying to keep all of our ducks on a row. There is a saying something about look no further then your nose- meaning sometimes things are closer then we think. We are all so blessed to have great families surround us in the circle we run in we will need that today and for sure in the years to come ;) We are glad to call you friend.jj
I just visited Sheri's blog and was all warm-and-fuzzy from her post about the shower. Then, I get to YOUR post and see the REST of the pics and the story. Knocked me over! How fabulous to see how love and friendship ripples and grows among women.
That's exactly my thought Teresa...It was an amazing surprise to me and means so much.
How precious! You told me about the shower but I missed that it was a surprise - that makes it even better!!!!!!!! Wonderful relationships in the midst of creation-I love it!!
Post a Comment