Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"Pelican" Layout

Here's a recent layout I created for Rusty Pickle.
You have to look at these pictures up close. Mostly the big one.
This was the funniest thing I think that has happened with this little girl.
As I've said before, she is not afraid of but absolutely loves animals, sea animals are her favorite however, bugs, frogs, snails, whatever, she loves to touch them, talk to them and even kiss them. Yes, kiss them. She has kissed a frog and a snail.
She is so funny!!
Here's the layout, take a looksy for yourself...






Crazy!! I know! I screamed out, there were strangers taking pictures. We all couldn't believe what we just saw. Mr. Pelican's mouth opened so huge. She really probably would have fit inside.
Up he went with his beak, opened his mouth and
then down he went right for her face.

Why didn't he go for my husband?lol! Why this innocent little girl?
She did not even back up, she just put her hands on her cheeks, in the picture you can see one foot stepped back and the strength in my husband's hand trying to pull her back, that's why her foot had stepped back, because he pulled her back.
So the next day we wake up she says,
"Mommy, I want to go back and see Mr. Pelican,
to teach him to be nice to me."

Lord, child!! We didn't go back!

Thought this was such a great story but really could have been a lot worse.
We had some friends with us that were telling us that a pelican got a hold of their friends daughter's arm and tore the skin all up. They have a huge tooth in the front of the beak that use to get the fish out of the water. My daughter always claims she is a fish.???

Hope you all are having a great holiday season!!
Leave a comment to let me know you stopped by.

Til next Time with T!!

5 comments:

Jocelyn Lykins said...

You should have a blog dedicated to just the things that Brooklin does. She is so funny!

Michael and Angela said...

WOW! That's an amazing shot! I love how you lead up to it! :-) That's crazy that that happened! Very cool page though!

Teresa said...

Your little one (though she'll lose that title when the baby-in-the-bun arrives!) is soooo brave. She keeps all of your on your toes! My eyes got r-e-a-l-l-y big when I looked closely at the largest picture. Man! Great that you captured that moment and B's memories with Mr. Pelican!

Sheri Twing said...

Brooklin is one of a kind! She is definitely one quirky little girl! She's not afraid of anything and likes everything boys like! I love her personality! I'm so glad Hugo was quick to grab her though.

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Such a cute story - love it! Those pictures are priceless and so is that layout!