Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas is here!!!

Christmas is here!!
That is what Brooklin said when we pulled all the decor out for Christmas. She is my little Elf!! She loves every part of Christmas.
Not just the presents!!

We are finally done with our decorating. Here are some pics of the process of the day. We completed it within about 8 hrs. Not too bad!!
This year was different because Shine was not here to decorate with us. She was still on her Nashville visit..however, she did get to help my sister with her decorating. hhmm?? I see clearly now why she extended her visit. Shine helps me sooo much, especially with the high stuff.
So we did the best we could.
We missed you Shine!!

Now I don't think I have as many boxes as my sister but I do have to say I have quite a mess during the process.
Take a look...this is only one room..if you were to walk around any corner you would see more and larger containers around every bend.


Kameron putting one of his ornaments on the tree.

Here's the little Elf.
"Can I eat those gumdrops?"

The tree put up and lit up. Boy, do we have a lot to still do at this point.

This is our singing/dancing Christmas Tree. She is such a happy part of our Christmas tradition. She is so silly that you must laugh. She sings while moving her arms and swinging her lower half, then when she's done singing she tells a joke..."I'm branchin out!!" then she laughs at her own jokes, just in case you don't. The kids love her.

This picture is from before we were married. It is a tradition to put this up on the mantel in the same spot every year.

Ok, so things are starting to take shape..still lots to do but how about a game of tic-tac-toe?

You musn't forget the Christmas train.
Another tradition. Again, the kids love it.
Who am I kidding?
All this isn't for the kids, my husband loves it! hhmm?

My mom gave me this light up Santa years ago. She used to put him in the same spot right next to the fireplace when I was a kid.
So when she gave it to me, I had no choice but to continue placing him there..Brooklin has always loved him too. Last year she took his glasses off and put them on her face. Of course, I took a picture. Hilarious!!

Little Elf looking at part of her Snow Globe collection. Yes, i said Snow Globe collection. She does have one and it continues to grow. Aunt ReRe bought this one for her last year.
She loves it!! It's also a music box.
However, this one only comes out at Christmas.
She has all the others in her room.

Need I say more?

Mema putting on a special ornament that she bought for me.

It's an ornament for the baby. I love it!!
Thanks mom!!

There you have it..the process!! I will post pictures very soon of the finished product.
I am so glad to have it done.
Now on to family, friends, parties, and fun!!

Til next Time with T!!!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Looks beautiful, and you have some very good helper elves!

Teresa said...

Love your Christmas decorating traditions! Awww, that little ornament for the new baby is just precious.

Kristi said...

Thanks Tiffany. I absolutely love my house decorated for Christmas and I do have the best elves. They get sooo excited!!

Teresa..I love them too..it just makes the whole time even more special to me. The ornament is more beautiful in person and so thoughtful of mom.

Sheri Twing said...

Oh I miss coming over when the kids are decorating. They are so excited and full of life! Very cute pics. I love the baby's ornament! So precious. I can't wait to add another one to our family gatherings!