Friday, December 11, 2009

Blog Hop

Thanks for stopping by for the Rusty Pickle Blog Hop!!
The blog starts here...
Start there to see different projects posted from my fellow
Rusty Pickle Chefs, including some giveaways.

Here's my project.
I created an ornament for this special time of year.
It was fast and easy. Even my 7 year old son helped.
So this would be a great project for kids to make for someone special in their lives. Of course, that would be mom!!! haha!

I started with a styrofoam ball,
Cut paper strips as thin or as wide as you like,
ran them thru a paper crimper for added texture,
rolled them around a pencil,
stuck in the styrofoam with a straight pin,
added ribbon to hang it from and done.

Here's the finished product...


A close-up shot.

The paper I used was Rusty Pickle "White Christmas" line.
I love it!

I'm so glad you stopped by that I want to give away a "Merry Christmas" Rusty Pickle kit with all the contents and instructions to create this cute holiday mini book.
This kit includes everything from paper, trims, tags, file folders, chipboard covers, preprinted quotes, and more.


All you have to do for a chance to win,
is leave a comment on my blog during this weekend's blog hop,
sharing your favorite holiday tradition.

On Monday, a winner will be selected using a random generator.
I will post the winner on Monday, so don't forget to check in on Monday to see if it's you.

Don't forget to go to the next stop in the Rusty Pickle Blog Hop!!
Mandie has a great project to share.
You can find Mandie's blog here.
Mandie, here they come!!

Again, thanks for stopping in. Keep moving in the Hop!!
Don't miss out on your opportunities for great holiday ideas and especially the giveaways!!

Til next Time with T!!!

78 comments:

{VICKI} said...

Baking cookies with my son

Jingle said...

Your ornament is super cute! Great idea! My favorite tradition is our special Christmas morning breakfast!

Dot said...

Love your ornament! And that book kit looks AWESOME! My favorite tradition is the family hunt for the perfect Christmas tree.

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

What fun! Your ornament looks like the perfect project for all those left over paper scraps. I'm so going to use this idea and the mini album, well can you say delish?

Our Christmas tradition that wins the most favor is the putting up of the Christmas tree. It is a family affair, we play Christmas Vacation while stringing lights, drinking egg nog and laughing our tails off at Christmas' past.

Rissa said...

cute ornament!! My fav tradition is decortating the tree with the kids

Unknown said...

That ornament is SOOOO DARN CUTE, KRISTI!!! Funny that we both curled White Christmas paper for an ornament, yet they were both TOTALLY different! Hope you are feeling better and have a WONDERFUL weekend!

Teresa said...

Hi Kristi! Such a cute ornament ... and you know that I sooo need that little holiday mini book!

LG said...

Very brilliant! I love your ornament

Jules said...

That christmas ball is GORGEOUS and how easy I might give this one a go it looks fabulous.

Chris said...

Love the ball ornament!

Favorite tradition has got to be tree decorating.

Berta said...

I've been wanting to do these cute ornaments with my granddaughters. I'll show them this one so they can get an idea! Very pretty! My favorite holiday tradition is our annual Christmas Eve buffet for family and friends...wouldn't be Christmas without it!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a brilliant ornament! and I love that lil book too!
We always look forward to watching whatever specials there are on tv, along with the Yule log on in the background while we open our gifts :)

Have a fab weekend! ~ margie

Renay said...

your pretty ball is gorgeous! A holiday tradition that I love is the whole extended family getting together to celebrate and eat yummy holiday food together!

Anonymous said...

Hiya Kristi, what a delightful Chrissy decoration, I have been dying to use up some paper, I will def. try this, I love it, I hope your pregnancy is going well and what a fabulous giveaway you have, your friend, Tiff :):):):):)

Snips and Snails said...

My favorite tradition is putting out luminarias on Christmas Eve (paper sacks with candles in them). They are so pretty.

laterg8r said...

my fave tradition is giving the girls one gift to open xmas eve :D

love that ornament, great idea :D

silvia said...

Adorable ornament~ so precious that your son helped!! Adorable mini album!!

Heidi E. said...

Wow..That is a unique idea for an ornament.. Thanks for sharing.. I may be making me some of those this weekend.

Pamela said...

Love that ornament!!! :)

Lisa aka Raining said...

Decorating my house for Xmas. Love the ornament!

ScrapbookMary said...

My favorite holiday tradition is attending church Christmas Eve and singing "OH Come All Ye Faithful" by candlelight. Gives me goosebumps every year!

I love your ornament! Something so simple, but something I never would have thought of making. Thanks for sharing! Mary

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Fun stuff, and love the mini!

Unknown said...

Adorable ornament! I love how you can use paper scraps for this!

We always enjoy watching the Christmas specials...especially the claymation ones! (Frosty, Rudolph) I missed out last year and I'm working Christmas Eve but I'm thankful that I get to spend the Christmas Day with the family this year!

VAWM said...

I love the little book!
My favorite tradition is going to the Grotto in Portland, OR to look at the Christmas lights. Ditto to Peacock Lane!

Colleen said...

I love decorating the day after Thanksgiving. My girls look forward to it every year.

Laurajean said...

LOVELOVELOVE your Christmas ornament, just gorgeous.
One of our favorite traditions that my family does every year is on Christmas Eve, we let the kids open up ONE present and its always NEW Pj's..that way, they go to sleep in new pjs and we have great photos Xmas Morning ;)
Merry Christmas!!!

PamSpradlin said...

Our Christmas program at church is probably the longest tradition our family has. Although we all do the tree together also.

JPScraps said...

Cute ornament. Love it!

Beth said...

We always have brunch on Christmas morning with sausage souffle and homemade cinnamon rolls...Yum!

BethW7372 said...

favorite holiday tradition is having my mom read us "Twas the night before XMAS" on XMAS eve under the tree.

Kristi B. said...

I love the ornament! Thanks for sharing. My fave holiday tradition would be getting our tree & putting up all the decorations. It's the only thing that helps get me in the spirit.

scrappinlil said...

Wow...what an amazing ornament...and what a great idea to do with your kids..my dd would love to make one of these..might have to try it...also I became a follower tonight..TFS

Valeria said...

The ornament look great! Super Idea! Our tradition is spending time at christmas market, rinding a carussel & drinking somthing warm. A great advent time from Colgne Germany

Lee said...

I can never seem to make paper ornaments look good. Yours is terrific!!

Shannon said...

Our fav tradition is getting out our collection of Christmas books and reading them.

LOLena said...

Your ornament is the Bomb!
Love the album too.
Tradition to volunteer at church and give to others.
This yr we can start a new tradition to Hop and donate for the Senior's angel tree.

Katie said...

What a cute ornament!
My fave tradition is making gingerbread houses with my girls

Nicole said...

Great job...what great ornaments!

Beate said...

I'm lovng all the decorations I'm finding on the blog hop. Super cute!

Jodi_E said...

So cleaver Kristi.

T.A.M. said...

Hi, awesome project. My fav tradition is our Christmas Eve Pj's day. We all stay home put on our new matchy Pj's eat finger foods, bake,watch movies,play games. We enjoy our little family just hangin out togetha.

Dawn Gallop🐝 said...

Love it Kristi!!! Take care, Dawn

AScrappersDelight said...

My fav tradition is Christmas Eve pj's! Everyone gets to open them and wear them that night so we all have new jammies for Christmas morning!

Star Rork said...

Beautiful ornament! I just love stayin in jammies all dy long!

Abby and Brenda said...

Such a cute ornament, Kristi!

connie said...

Cute ornament! Love the mini album. One of our family traditions is making gingerbread houses with the grandkids.

Liz said...

THIS IS WOW IS ALL I CAN SAY LOVE IT

Scrappinraiderfan said...

I love your ornament. Will definately have my niece make a few for her teachers. Great idea. My favorite memory would have to be making hot cocoa and taking it up into the woods with us to find and cut our own christmas tree. Of course making snow angels while we are there.

Nikki Love said...

Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve and returning home to open one gift of your choice ;)

Adorable ornament!!! Thanks for the opportunity for the great RAK!! Happy Saturday :D

Heather Plank said...

Ornament is so cute! Love the paper line. My fav holiday tradition is having dinner on xmas eve with my uncle and his fam. We watch the train go around, eat ham and oysters and sing xmas songs by the fire! I love it!

Regina said...

beautiful ornament! my fav tradition is putting up the Christmas tree with the family. I also love making a special ornament or decoration each year with my son!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Awesome ornament - love it! Favorite holiday tradition is reading the Christmas story from the bible after dinner and before gift exchange. Makes me teary!

Thanks for the fun blog hop!!

Janet's Joy said...

It's tradition to watch Christmas movies together.

vixen said...

Wow your xmas ball looks fab and great idea for using scraps of paper up, will have to try and get time to have a go :)

have a wonderful xmas
from vixen x

Pam AKA: picnic said...

Your ornaments are beautiful and I love tghe book, my favorite tradition, i would have to sya is collecting ornaments, i collect Barbies.. getting alittle old for them but just cna't stop..
^TFS

jellybean said...

Singing Christmas songs while baking cookies with my daughters.

Sherri said...

Our favorite tradition is driving around looking for Christmas lights.

🌈🌈🌈 said...

Love your ornament, what a great holiday craft to do with my kiddos!

Lyneen said...

The paper ornament is an awesome idea to do with kids... they are always wanting to play with supplies!!!!

thanks for taking time from this busy season to do a HOP...

thanks for the giveaway!

Tarnished Rose said...

I love the great ornament. Cool project.

We always go to my parent's the 23rd, have Christmas Eve at their house where we eat Christmas dinner and open gifts. Then, we drive 1-1/2 hours to my father-in-laws house where we have an informal get-together with hubby's family, the kids pop firecrackers while the adults huddle by a bonfire (usually in the mud since it always seems to rain right before Christmas). The oldest (mine-a teenager) usually leads the way in firecracker antics. The we get up Christmas Day for more gifts and another Christmas dinner. We are STUFFED by that time! Great fun and a way to have Christmas with each of our families.

Merry Christmas~
Marilyn

Lynn Stevens said...

reminds me of the paper chains we made as children, ah sweet memories. My favorite holidat tradition, decorating our outside with thousands of lights and holiday decor, we even made the newspaper!

Card Cropper said...

This is GREAT! The Rusty Pickle papers go so well together!

mommyof5kidz said...

Super cute ornament! My favorite tradition is by far....decorating the tree with my kids. I have 5 beautiful children, and they each have new ornaments from each year. They always want to know what each ornament represents, who it belongs to, why they got it...etc. It is a very long process, but so very worth every second just to see the smiles as I tell them the stories.

SdenisonT said...

Cute ornament. I will have to try that next year when my son is old enough.

My favorite Christmas tradition from when I was young (and that I plan on passing on to my kids) is that the doorbell would ring on Christmas eve and when we opened the door, all that was there were pajamas. They had been left by Santa' elves to let us know that Santa was close by and if we weren't in bed by the time he got there he would pass our house. Clever parents, huh?

Ann Cicilie said...

My favourite christmas tradition, is decorating the christmas three, and the family christmas dinner :)

Sarah Louise said...

Oh Kristi, that decoration is just stunning, i love it. Well done

Sheri Twing said...

My favorite tradition is having my whole family come visit me for the holidays! Oh wait...you are!

Love the ornament T!

ellen s. said...

what a great project! my fave tradition is finding the pickle on the tree...

Sandie said...

That's FANTASTIC!!!! I can't wait to try that! Thanks! My favourite holiday tradition? We draw out Christmas morning. We get up and open our stockings... then get dressed for Church. Then we come home and I make us breakfast. Then we take a drink to the tree and open our presents. By the time we sit down to open our gifts, it's around 10:30 am. Fun. I did it this way as a child, and now we do it that way too
:)

Sue said...

I love the ornament...what a clever idea. As for favorite holiday tradition...we've had to change many of ours as the kids have gotten older and we can't all be together. The one thing we still do is roast chestnuts and sip eggnog while putting up the tree.

Anonymous said...

Looove this girl! I am so gona attempt to make this!

hugs

Noeleen said...

awesome kristi!

ANGIE said...

There are several favorite ones but this year I look forward to baking with my son and having a few weeks off of work. Great Job on the ornament.

Sally Cranney said...

great idea for your ornament! My favorite holiday tradition is making gingerbread houses every year. My mom learned how to make them while living in germany and I have loved carrying on the tradition with my children.

ladyobie said...

Very cute, my girls would love to try this out.

Pammejo said...

cute ornaments

jjindp said...

love the ornaments

Melissa said...

I love the ornaments...going to try it after the holidays!

My favorite holiday tradition is annual kick off the holiday season party! Well-this was the first year but it is a new tradition!