Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Best Surprise and the Greatest Sister!!!

Yesterday we checked the mail just as we always do. Now, we are not people who check our mail everyday. We check it when we think about it, which is about 1-2 x's per week. Or at the least, when the post man leaves us a note to say..."I can't fit anymore mail in your box". haha!

My sis told me, "You need to check your mail, I sent you something and I had to insure it and it doesn't need to stay sitting in your mailbox."
Really, that's the only reason we checked the mail, this particular day.

So yesterday we checked the mail and Kameron brought this med sized white box to me. The kids thought was there's because it was decorated Aunt Sheri style, however, one part was different...
It was my name listed on the cute decorated label, not the kids names.
Brooklin said, "Ooohh!! That's from Aunt Sheri, is that for me?"
She recognized it immediately.

With my sis telling me that she didn't want it left in the box, my pregnant mind was thinking, she sent a big box of chocolate to me.

Well, I started opening the box and although it was dark like chocolate, it was far better than any chocolate I could put in my mouth.

Take a look for yourself....


A close-up....
Can you believe it?
I couldn't either...I cried.
It was the Canon Rebel Camera, zoom lens, 2 batteries/charger, 2.0 compact flash memory card and a bag.

I was completely floored. I have been wanting one of these camera's for a very long time.
I had just finally decided that I would just be happy with my point and shoot and probably would not spend the money on that kind of camera for quite a while anyway.

This is a REAL camera!!!

I have played with it and carried it everywhere since I opened the box. Already, I can't believe the difference in the photo's and I don't even know how to use it yet.
Sissy's advice...leave it on auto for now until I read my instruction manual, take a class, or get advice from her.
I will be obedient to that.

Ya know...sometimes it seems when you are going thru some hard things in your life, God knows exactly when to show up with a boost, and well, let's face it, sister's come in 2nd to that to know when and how to pop up with a word of advice, prize, or a hug.

I've said this and posted this before and I am saying it again...
I have the best sister anyone could ever dream of having. Really not just b/c she shows up with great presents, but her presence is a blessing to whomever she is around.
She gives the best, most neutral, Godly advice of anyone I know.
She really is my hero!!
If I could be half of the person she has become in my lifetime, I would be happy.

Sis...thank you so very much for my awesome blessing!!!
You are the greatest!!! I love you and miss you so very much. I hate being apart from you. You are a great 2nd mom to my children.
You have such a giving heart.
I can't tell you how thankful I am to have you in my life.
I Love You!!!

Thank you again for the great surprise!!!

So now I can take better pictures to share.

Til next Time with T!!!

9 comments:

Sheri Twing said...

I am seriously sitting here with tears rolling down my cheeks. I can't believe all those things you said. I am so happy to be a big sister to you and I want to always bless you anyway that I can. I hope you enjoy that camera as much as I have...I know you will! And that just means more great pics of the kids for me! Thanks T for all you said. I am so honored and I feel I have the best sister! Now....go get some great pictures of those kiddos and the new baby!

Jocelyn Lykins said...

That's way better than chocolate! You are going to love it!

September Roberts said...

WWWAAAAYYYY better than chocolate!!! Sheri is the best sister you never asked for but were blessed with. Looking forward to some great pictures!!!

Ashley said...

What a WONDERFUL SURPRISE!!!! I am SUPER EXCITED for you! Sheri you did a fantastic job :) !!! I think you are both wonderful and fabulous women! I know you will enjoy your gift Ms. Kristi, and I agree that you need to go show us what that camera can do!!!! :)

Tiffany said...

You two have a relationship that just makes my heart skip a beat! I was not blessed with any siblings, so I always felt like there was somthing missing. You both are such a treat! Kristi, have fun with your camera. I just got a Rebel a few months ago, and I love it! I don't know how to use it yet...but I love it! Congrats on the baby too.

Loushoe said...

Oh my goodness Kristi you got tears in my eyes. I am literally sitting here crying. I am so happy that you finally got your camera! You truley do have a wonderful sister, not cause she got you a camera either.

Robin said...

OK...So I am so happy for you but also jealous!!! WHEW! Hopefully I will see you soon at a scrap function so I can check it out:)

I am going to the all day scrappink on the 26th at Pocketful...hopefully I will see you there!

Hugs sweetie and hope you are feeling ok:) Robin

Jules said...

Wow what a fantastic sister and a wonderful relationship you have with each other..I am also blessed with a wonderful little sister and my world would not be the same without her in it ..Gotta love and cherish our wonderful sister's and let them know how we feel about them like you have done Kristi .Your post is very touching made me cry.
Congratulations about the new baby.How exciting for you and your family .can't wait to see some very nice photo's with your new camera.

Teresa said...

I can't believe I missed this post! I'm so thrilled for both of you and your newly-acquired cameras. I laughed when I remembered our conversation at PF Changs (that Sheri needs to get a new camera so she can give you hers). I just couldn't be happier for two people. Congrats again!